Cool Video Of Ploughshares In The Wild

Oxalis

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Michigan
Hilarious end to the story of tortoise life. Also, I didn't know females released a perfume. Interesting. They're pretty cute dinosaurs!

Thanks for sharing; I love Attenborough!!

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
I would have like it better if she would have kicked his butt and left:D
They sure can get nasty, something that's hard to imagine. They are beautiful, like the Rads, beautiful high rounded shell, love it. Thanks for sharing.

Oxalis

10 Year Member!
Michigan
3 times I've watched this clip. The question I keep pondering on is, do torts that get turned over in the wild die?
I'm sure he was able to right himself eventually and go on with his day. Otherwise, evolution would really suck, eh...? XD

Anyfoot

5 Year Member
UK Sheffield
I'm sure he was able to right himself eventually and go on with his day. Otherwise, evolution would really suck, eh...? XD
Yeah, this us what I assumed, every tort flipped can not be doomed, it just wouldn't make sense for the species, But I hear stories about captive torts that are flipped and days later are deceased. :confused:

Oxalis

10 Year Member!
Michigan
Yeah, this us what I assumed, every tort flipped can not be doomed, it just wouldn't make sense for the species, But I hear stories about captive torts that are flipped and days later are deceased. :confused:
That's so sad. This is the video my boyfriend showed me so I wasn't scared about Steve flipping over when we weren't home. We put him on his back and he was able to right himself! Mommy was proud! XD