Cooper sleeping on my bed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

cemmons12

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Greenfield, In.
I know this always rubs some people the wrong way.... But I don't seem to care I guess. He is laying on my arm with his leg and head on my pillow and his back feet on the bed. It looks uncomfy but he loves sleeping like this for some reason. Would be about like me sleeping standing up with my head against a wall.. Silly tort! :)
IMG_20111227_205250.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
I'm glad you don't worry about what some people might think. You enjoy your tortoise experience however you see fit! He's obviously thriving and that is what really matters.

cemmons12

5 Year Member
Greenfield, In.
Tom said:
I'm glad you don't worry about what some people might think. You enjoy your tortoise experience however you see fit! He's obviously thriving and that is what really matters.
Thanks so much for that Tom! Makes me feel good to hear that! :D
Oh, almost forgot! His 1 year weigh in is 1270 grams! Such a big boy already!!! I'm stoked! I just weighed him before he ate his supper about 20 min ago. :tort: Happy birthday my Cooper!! :tort: Have Great night!

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
FANTASTIC picture Chris!!!!! No one could ever convince me he is not a happy content tortoise....you go on with your bad selves..... :D

HAPPY BIRTHDAY COOP!!!!

cemmons12

5 Year Member
Greenfield, In.
Thanks everybody!! I can't believe he didn't wake while trying to get that picture. I took about 6 just to get it and the noise and flash didn't bother him. Hard to take pic left handed. :D

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
OMG he is so stressed:p. Of course just kidding. He is soooo cuuuute. I hope some day I can get Tatum to sleep on me or my bed like that. He likes to snuggle in my neck, but won't sleep there, yet.:D

cemmons12

5 Year Member
Greenfield, In.
wellington said:
OMG he is so stressed:p. Of course just kidding. He is soooo cuuuute. I hope some day I can get Tatum to sleep on me or my bed like that. He likes to snuggle in my neck, but won't sleep there, yet.:D

Honestly, that is how Cooper started out! Now he will start running back and fourth in his area untill I either leave, which sometimes I have to do, or get him out and put him on the bed with me. Then after a couple minutes he calms down, starts breathing normal, and finds his sleeping spot. I have been working with Cooper since he was 2 months old and he just loves it now. Altho he has always seemed to love being with me on the bed or just with me in general. I use to let strangers hold him and he would have a holy fit until I took him back. So everyone is like, "we can see who he loves!"! That's MY boy! Lol! Altho I am the "food god" as well, but I think its deeper then that and I will not debate this topic! Lol! Most know how I feel about how my tortoise thinks and feels. He has a heart and a mind all his own. Good luck with your little buddy! And have yourself a great day! :):) oh, and I aim no negativity towards you so if it sounds that way I am sorry. Just making my point to the "others" that may read this and not agree. :)

Reactions: JMM

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
cemmons12 said:
wellington said:

Honestly, that is how Cooper started out! Now he will start running back and fourth in his area untill I either leave, which sometimes I have to do, or get him out and put him on the bed with me. Then after a couple minutes he calms down, starts breathing normal, and finds his sleeping spot. I have been working with Cooper since he was 2 months old and he just loves it now. Altho he has always seemed to love being with me on the bed or just with me in general. I use to let strangers hold him and he would have a holy fit until I took him back. So everyone is like, "we can see who he loves!"! That's MY boy! Lol! Altho I am the "food god" as well, but I think its deeper then that and I will not debate this topic! Lol! Most know how I feel about how my tortoise thinks and feels. He has a heart and a
mind all his own. Good luck with your little buddy! And have yourself a great day!
:):) oh, and I aim no negativity towards you so if it sounds that way I am sorry.
Just making my point to the "others" that may read this and not agree. :)

I hear ya and am the same way with my tort and my other animals. No negativity taken. Keep the pictures coming and have a Great Happy Healthy New Year:D

cemmons12

5 Year Member
Greenfield, In.
wellington said:
cemmons12 said:
wellington said:

Honestly, that is how Cooper started out! Now he will start running back and fourth in his area untill I either leave, which sometimes I have to do, or get him out and put him on the bed with me. Then after a couple minutes he calms down, starts breathing normal, and finds his sleeping spot. I have been working with Cooper since he was 2 months old and he just loves it now. Altho he has always seemed to love being with me on the bed or just with me in general. I use to let strangers hold him and he would have a holy fit until I took him back. So everyone is like, "we can see who he loves!"! That's MY boy! Lol! Altho I am the "food god" as well, but I think its deeper then that and I will not debate this topic! Lol! Most know how I feel about how my tortoise thinks and feels. He has a heart and a
mind all his own. Good luck with your little buddy! And have yourself a great day!
:):) oh, and I aim no negativity towards you so if it sounds that way I am sorry.
Just making my point to the "others" that may read this and not agree. :)

I hear ya and am the same way with my tort and my other animals. No negativity taken. Keep the pictures coming and have a Great Happy Healthy New Year:D
Good, I hate when I come across the wrong way to the wrong person! I intend to only come across that way to the "right" person! Lol! My mom told me she explains it this way to her friends the other day, "Chris says whatever he feels, you either like him or hate him, no inbetween". :) that kind of took me by surprise to hear since I am 40 and just hearing this from my mom for the first time. Haha, I learn something new everyday! Hope u have a great new year as well! :D

cherylim

5 Year Member
Leyland, UK
Aww. Adorable!

I wouldn't let Emrys sleep on my bed, even supervised...

...because I know he'd leave an undesirable gift on my pillow. :p

Nope, the best Emrys gets is time on my lap, with many layers of towel underneath him. You're braver than I!

cemmons12

5 Year Member
Greenfield, In.
cherylim said:
Aww. Adorable!

I wouldn't let Emrys sleep on my bed, even supervised...

...because I know he'd leave an undesirable gift on my pillow. :p

Nope, the best Emrys gets is time on my lap, with many layers of towel underneath him. You're braver than I!
I know what u mean! Ophelia gets no bed time, she is a pee/poo machine! The ONLY time Cooper does a pee is when my wife picks him up and bothers him to long. But there is always a big folded towel on the bed just in case, or mainly for when my wife can't control herself and bothers him to long. Just the other day he was down at grandmas house and the wife was holding him and out came a big ole pee! I laughed sooo hard, cause he never does that to me anymore. Then I took him back and he layed on my chest for a while and was very happy! I guess he is a "man" tort or he just knows who dad is? Lol!

terryo

10 Year Member!
Staten Island, New York
Very cute picture. Reminds me of when we had the black out here. I had no electricity and Pio needed to be warm. I wrapped her up in a towel, and put her inside my shirt...yes that's right...my shirt. He slept there all night in my bed with me and my two Chihuahua's under the covers. The next AM the lights went back on and she went back in her viv.

cherylim

5 Year Member
Leyland, UK
cemmons12 said:
I know what u mean! Ophelia gets no bed time, she is a pee/poo machine! The ONLY time Cooper does a pee is when my wife picks him up and bothers him to long. But there is always a big folded towel on the bed just in case, or mainly for when my wife can't control herself

I've quoted a bit of what you said, because I reached that point and got concerned. :p

Then, I read on... the towel's not there because your wife can't control herself...that's good.

cemmons12

5 Year Member
Greenfield, In.
cherylim said:
cemmons12 said:
I know what u mean! Ophelia gets no bed time, she is a pee/poo machine! The ONLY time Cooper does a pee is when my wife picks him up and bothers him to long. But there is always a big folded towel on the bed just in case, or mainly for when my wife can't control herself

I've quoted a bit of what you said, because I reached that point and got concerned. :p

Then, I read on... the towel's not there because your wife can't control herself...that's good.
Well she is 3 years older then I am! But.... so far, I have not had to buy her any Depends.... yet! :p:p

Weda737

5 Year Member
NC
lol Now you can't tell me that's not a happy tortoise. Like I said before, I think they are intelligent enough to understand and enjoy interaction with their owners.

Status
Not open for further replies.