Cork and Doolin

Status
Not open for further replies.

DanieltheAnvil

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Bradenton, Florida
Working on getting these two little guys healthy and growing. They are such characters already!

Attachments

• 20121016_184535-1_resized.jpg
    20121016_184535-1_resized.jpg
    236.5 KB · Views: 69
  • 20121016_184552-1_resized.jpg
    20121016_184552-1_resized.jpg
    178.9 KB · Views: 70

DanieltheAnvil

5 Year Member
Bradenton, Florida
mainey34 said:
What's wrong with them? They look healthy...

Mainey they look great and came from a hatch with all really low weight. they eat great poop great and are growing but they both barely weigh 30 grams. they are brothers/sisters and the whole hatch was small. They did come from a mom thats over 100lb though. so i'm testing a stool sample for worms, otherwise I think they are healthy but way small. According to Tom's growth list they are still in the egg, when in reality they are 3 months.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Wow, that is small. Be sure to read the threads at the bottom of my post. My opinion, that way of raising is the best. Adding Mazuri to their diet will help them to put on some weight, however, it is best that they grow slow and steady. Good luck. Hope they do well and stay as healthy as they look.

DanieltheAnvil

5 Year Member
Bradenton, Florida
wellington said:
Wow, that is small. Be sure to read the threads at the bottom of my post. My opinion, that way of raising is the best. Adding Mazuri to their diet will help them to put on some weight, however, it is best that they grow slow and steady. Good luck. Hope they do well and stay as healthy as they look.

Thanks wellington. i have been reading like crazy and making sure everything is perfect. i do need to add mazuri but they get a good variety and lots of grazing time each day. lots of grasses and flowers and Zoo Med mix, and well as a little dark spring mix for a treat.

I just think they are runts. I talked to the owner who has 16 sulcatas ranging from 20 to well over a hundred lbs. She is a friend and even with her 30 years of sulcata experience doesnt think its anything to worry about.

Status
Not open for further replies.