Coughing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Garrett8836

5 Year Member
Hello everyone I have had my russian tortoise for about a month now and he won't stop making a crackling sneezy sound. I notice this mostly when I pick him up or at night.

Laura

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Foothills above Sacramento CA
RE: Caughing

is he eating? warm enough? active?
a cough can be nothing,, but if he is crackling or wheezing.. with nasal discharge.. he can be sick..

Garrett8836

5 Year Member
He is 3 or 4 but is active and eating. I try to take him out of his habbitat a lot but the second I do he almosts poops on me so I quickly rush and put him back, he used to be afraid of me but now he does not care.

zachandjess2904

5 Year Member
Is he still having the problem ? If he is and it has gotten worse he prob has a respiratory infection . I would put him in a small tank (20 gallon or so ) with a 100 watt spot heat bulb right on top . I have found this a very effective way to kill a respiratory infection .

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi zachandjess2904:

Won't you take a few moments to start a new thread in the "introductions" section and tell us a bit about yourself?

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
emysemys said:
Hi zachandjess2904:

Won't you take a few moments to start a new thread in the "introductions" section and tell us a bit about yourself?

Just was wondering, if he/she has two stars, junior member, wouldn't they have probably already introduced themselves?

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
wellington said:
emysemys said:
Hi zachandjess2904:

Just was wondering, if he/she has two stars, junior member, wouldn't they have probably already introduced themselves?

My comment was addressed to a brand new member who had only made their very first post here in this thread.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
emysemys said:
wellington said:
emysemys said:
Hi zachandjess2904:

My comment was addressed to a brand new member who had only made their very first post here in this thread.

OOPS, Didn't notice that part, my bad:(

Status
Not open for further replies.