Craigslist add...$2200? Really?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sulcata_Sandy

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Pacific NorthWET
I emailed them nicely offering a foster home. Doubtful I will hear back, but it never hurts to try.

Sandy in Oregon

No kids, no husband, just critters and I'm happy.

Lilyloveslettuse

5 Year Member
Oregon
Maybe they were factoring in all the expenses of raising him for 15 years! :) I just figure the expenses go along with loving and providing for your pets - kind of like kids. :) I would never expect to be paid back for it but some people do!

lightsout2184

5 Year Member
This is an extremely negative, and largely incorrect assumption. There is not a single sulcata breeder on this forum that matches your description of us. Not a one of us is breeding for money. We breed because we love the species and want others to be able to share in the joy. Recouping a small amount of money in the process does not constitute greed and none of us make a living from it, NOT that there would be anything wrong with it if we did. There are a lot of forum members, family and friends that have received FREE sulcatas from me, so please don't paint us all with the same brush.
[/quote]

Sorry I guess we were on different pages. When I think of a breeder I think of someone who does it on a full scale business. I don't associate the term with people breeding a couple different pairs a couple times a year. If someone asked people on here what they do for a living very few would answer tortoise breeder. The way the question was asked I was able to separate a hobby from a business. On the overflowing comment I agree with you a 100 percent I had a hard time even getting one and a lot of rescues were asking crazy rehoming fees. Some fees were higher then just buying one from a breeder or pet store.

Baoh

10 Year Member!
Florida
A statement of simple supply and demand relationship is neither negative nor positive.

lightsout2184

5 Year Member
Baoh said:
A statement of simple supply and demand relationship is neither negative nor positive.

Thank You not sure why mine came across as negative. In the other thread every single person pretty much copy and pasted my statement which would actually represent the majority of opinion of the forum now according to the quantity.

Status
Not open for further replies.