Crappy day... Thank goodness for tort therapy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mrturtle527

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Northern California
Had such a bad day today with work that I stopped an hour early and sat in my back watching my peaceful torts roam around their garden. Ahhhh this is what life is about.

Baby T so happy to be outside, immediately starts looking for Mr T :)
ImageUploadedByTortForum1376454185.223436.jpg

Mr T chomping on his newly planted wheat grass... Part of my therapy - at least the retail part was only for wheat grass
ImageUploadedByTortForum1376454203.118937.jpg

Baby T checking things out. My dad found the big tort statue under his deck and brought it over for me today :)
ImageUploadedByTortForum1376454365.051637.jpg

Love these guys.

Check us out on Facebook
www.facebook.com/mrturtle527

Sent from my iPhone using TortForum mobile app

Last edited by a moderator:

hunterk997

10 Year Member!
Wayland, NY
I too get enjoyment out of merely watching my tortoise. Your setup is awesome by the way.

Sent from my Ipod using the tortoiseforum app

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Love the relaxation you can get watching torts. Nice torts and I like the enclosure too.

Penn

5 Year Member
Nice, I could use some of that right now.

Mrturtle527

5 Year Member
Northern California
hunterk997 said:
I too get enjoyment out of merely watching my tortoise. Your setup is awesome by the way.

Sent from my Ipod using the tortoiseforum app

Thanks I really wanted an area that blended into the yard and that I could see while I worked. It's right outside of my cottage so I can pop out anytime to relax a bit.

Next it to make it a full time home as he comes in each night. Baby t is still too little to stay out too long.

Check us out on Facebook

wellington said:
Love the relaxation you can get watching torts. Nice torts and I like the enclosure too.

Thanks! It was fun planning and completing it. With no help from the husband :)

Check us out on Facebook

Alan RF

5 Year Member
United Kingdom
Just lovely! It looks so peaceful. I can sit for hours watching my two. They were talking on a documentary recently about how dog owners have less chance of having heart attacks and other health issues due to the chemicals released in our bodies. I think this is the same with tortoises because they do help me relax each evening after a being at work! I look forward to seeing everything about them! People might find this strange but there the ones who don't own one or don't see them as a true pet ;)

sunshine_hugs

5 Year Member
First of all, sorry about your crapy day. Second, I totally agree! I always tell people that my tortoise pen in my sanctuary. I spend time in there with the torts to relax. When I'm in there, or even looking in at them, I feel a sense of calm.

I'm so thankful for my shelled babies. :)

Mrturtle527

5 Year Member
Northern California
Alan RF said:
Just lovely! It looks so peaceful. I can sit for hours watching my two. They were talking on a documentary recently about how dog owners have less chance of having heart attacks and other health issues due to the chemicals released in our bodies. I think this is the same with tortoises because they do help me relax each evening after a being at work! I look forward to seeing everything about them! People might find this strange but there the ones who don't own one or don't see them as a true pet ;)

I think that is true for all pet owners not just dogs. If you love you're pets then they are therapy for that person. My whole family thought I was nuts wanting a tort and then even more nuts when I got my 2nd one. But they all love them now. I even caught my husband ensuring they were out outside a couple times when I wasn't home and he was - he wanted them to be happy.

Check us out on Facebook

Status
Not open for further replies.