Crested Gecko Q's

Status
Not open for further replies.

blafiriravt

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Vermont
Lately, these little guys have caught my interest. I was wondering if anyone had experience in keeping them? Any pointers on the best spots to start some research?

blafiriravt

5 Year Member
Vermont
It's a good start lol! :D they are super awesome and cute. Do you have experience with their temperament and personality?

CourtneyAndCarl

5 Year Member
Middle of nowhere
Not really... probably the best part of working at a petstore, though, is playing with the reptiles in my downtime, so I've held one plenty of times. They are pretty laid back from what I've seen. They can be fast if they feel like it but are usually pretty relaxed.

MY personal favorite is that the food they make for them that we feed ours smells REALLY good and makes their entire enclosure smell like a banana smoothie... big plus, IMO! :D

Amanda1

5 Year Member
Plainfield, IN
I have two cresties, and both of mine can be a little jumpy, but that's probably my fault for not working with them more. They are super easy to keep and don't need live food. You should check out TFO's sister site, http://www.geckotalk.com/index.php for some good info.

Floof

10 Year Member!
Southern California
http://www.pangeareptile.com/forums/index.php and http://www.forums.repashy.com/ are both also great places to start. Both have care sheets, and are great forums over all.

Crested geckos are great little animals. I'm personally more infatuated with their close relatives, the Gargoyle geckos, but it's hard to resist a nice pinstripe Crestie! (I don't actually own any; have my hands--and wishlist--plenty full already.. LOL. My experience with both is mostly from working at a pet store.)

StudentoftheReptile

5 Year Member
Alabama
I've kept them before. Very awesome and personable, especially of you want a small lizard that doesn't require live insects.

Itort

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Iowa
Another plus to these guys is they don't require supplimental heating or UVB. They do great at room temp (upper 60s to low 70s). Mine are breeding at 68 degrees (two clutches since August out of 1.3 colony).

blafiriravt

5 Year Member
Vermont
Thank you all so much! I joined GeckoTalk today, and picked up a few things. I have noted everything else, and will definitely sift through the links you posted floof! I love researching new adventures :D :D

Status
Not open for further replies.