Crickets started breeding and I had an idea

Status
Not open for further replies.

Centexsnakes

5 Year Member
So I try to have a few crickets in the cage for my little guy Draco to hunt, but I guess they have started to grow and breed, I'm trying to find a way to keep them in check, I had a few small spiders but Draco ate them, lol, so because the temp needs are close I've thought of adding maybe one or two lizards, I was thinking green anoles cause they are found in the same kind of areas as my eastern, but because crickets are more active at night, I was thinking maybe a Mediterranean gecko, would this be possible? Why and why nots please? As to the anole, I have a friend who breeds them so that would be an easy source the geckos would be wild and that does worry me cause of parasites, thanks for any and all info!

1.1 ball pythons 0.0.1 RES
0.0.1 eastern box 2.1 cats
0.1 dog

Itort

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Iowa
I would try them both but question if the cricket population would support them long term.

Centexsnakes

5 Year Member
The long term supportability is a good thought, so I think I'll lean towards the wild gecko, figure I can put him in for a few days and he can chow down the release him back, with a nice little fat belly, thanks for answering!

0.1 dog

Centexsnakes

5 Year Member
Well for the first night with mr. Gecko, I've seen him score two, actually very cool to watch him hunt, kinda makes me want to invest in night time cameras! But ya, I'm hoping this puts a dent in the population, if it don't then I guess I'll have to go fishing!! Lol

0.1 dog

Status
Not open for further replies.