Critique my red foots - and grocery greens

Anyfoot

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
UK Sheffield
Also Joe was quite fond of windfall Bramley Apple when he got the opportunity. They're sour and he ate them long before they were ripe if I wasn't quick to clear them.

Other less sweet fruits that are edible are crab apples and hawthorn berries.
I have a Bramley apple tree, the amount of apples we get is rediculous. I do feed them a bit, but I thought the acidity was bad for them, and before you ask, cooking apples alone are no good for cider, but ok for wine,:D:D:D

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
I have a Bramley apple tree, the amount of apples we get is rediculous. I do feed them a bit, but I thought the acidity was bad for them, and before you ask, cooking apples alone are no good for cider, but ok for wine,:D:D:D
We have a Bramley tree too so I know. It's very old. Joe would chomp the tiny bullet like early season windfalls given the chance :rolleyes:

There are acids in all fruits... vitamin C is an acid. Excessive levels are in citrus, but bramley should be OK and certainly no worse than the wild forest fruits they'd find in their native territory.

My mum used to make jelly (as in clear jam) from both crab apples and haws (hawthorn berries)

Wherethetortiroam

5 Year Member
Anyfoot, I did that just today, mixing in more fruit with a piece of bell pepper and some greens. gave her so e things she hasnt had before and i think shes a a fan. but looking back I hope I didn't over indulge the ol gal cause it was about 3-4x her head size.

Oops, guess shell have the runs

Anyfoot

5 Year Member
UK Sheffield
We have a Bramley tree too so I know. It's very old. Joe would chomp the tiny bullet like early season windfalls given the chance :rolleyes:

There are acids in all fruits... vitamin C is an acid. Excessive levels are in citrus, but bramley should be OK and certainly no worse than the wild forest fruits they'd find in their native territory.

My mum used to make jelly (as in clear jam) from both crab apples and haws (hawthorn berries)
You got me thinking now with Hawthorne berries, no shortage of them where I live.
We always talk about grocery greens compared to weeds and flowers, maybe we should look at more wild fruits too as an option. You'll have to get some redfoots so you can help. ;)

Anyfoot

5 Year Member
UK Sheffield
Anyfoot, I did that just today, mixing in more fruit with a piece of bell pepper and some greens. gave her so e things she hasnt had before and i think shes a a fan. but looking back I hope I didn't over indulge the ol gal cause it was about 3-4x her head size.

I don't think the runs every now and then due to gorging on a perticular food is an issue, but constantly it may be.

Anyfoot

5 Year Member
UK Sheffield

Evey time I feed kiwi they get the runs.