Crouton wants to say hi!

Jes_Janelle

Location (City and/or State)
Miami, FL
Hello everyone!

My name is Jessica, you may call me Jess though. I've been a big lover of turtles/tortoises for years. I had a red slider turtle for 13 years, but couldn't have her at home because my mom is afraid of Salmonella (not to mention we have fish at home too, haha). I donated my turtle to the Morakami Japanese Museum and Garden last year seeing as that my dad couldn't care for her at his warehouse any longer and my mom didn't let me bring her home.

So yesterday, my step mom was finally able to convince my mom to let me have a tortoise at home instead. I got a 4 month old Sulcata and his/her name is Crouton. :) I'm pretty thrilled about my new family member and I've been reading up on info all day long. At the moment I have him in a 20 gallon tank with lighting on one and end and a log on the other and coco ship shavings for substrate. I live in Miami, FL and am excited to be raising this life long pet.

crouton1-jpg.105244

I'm open to any important suggestions of care, as I am still reading up on information. I look forward to seeing you all around the forum and seeing pictures of your cuddly tortoises as well!

Take care!

- Jess

Robertmccray

Hello Jess !! I also am a new owner of two Sulcatas and I live in Pembroke Pines not far from the 305 lol. Welcome to the forum this place is full of some great information and some of the greatest to me minds in the subject of tortoises around. Hope you have a great day

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Welcome to the Forum, Jess!

I notice the Forum's little insignia in the corner of your photo. Good job!

Jes_Janelle

Miami, FL
Thanks for all the welcomes everyone! :)

Love the name!
Have you discovered our species specific section yet? You'll find a whole category dedicated to the Sulcata! Crouton will benefit greatly if you dig in there first ;)
I noticed there was sections about the different species, but haven't logged in yet. I'm waiting to get home from work to continue reading more info.

welcome to the forum! i don't know if its just me, but he looks a really skinny.
Really? /: All of the babies from the various breeders at the reptile convention I went to looked the same though. Maybe it's because I took a close-up photo?

Hello Jess !! I also am a new owner of two Sulcatas and I live in Pembroke Pines not far from the 305 lol. Welcome to the forum this place is full of some great information and some of the greatest to me minds in the subject of tortoises around. Hope you have a great day
Oh awesome! Yes, definitely almost neighbors. Lol.

I like the name... Very cute :)
My brother was eating salad when he came up with the name. I thought it was different so it seemed perfect. Haha. :)

Ciri

5 Year Member
Tucson
Well come. Crouton looks very cute!

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
Salutations.
Crouton, you named your tortoise crouton, does he go well with salad? :)
Excelsior.

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
BTW, he doesn't look skinny to me.

pam

5 Year Member
Minnesota
Welcome :) he is sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo cute :)

newCH

5 Year Member
So.FL
Hello,
im an newbie too. I live in Miami also. There are quite a few So.FL
tort owners here. Im sure you will get lots of great help here.
Love the name Crouton !