Curious- Why do people view the obvious Spam?

jeff kushner

Location (City and/or State)
North of Annapolis
Just that I'm a details person, so I notice the little things. Sorry guys, but girls LOVE that quality....cause you'll notice when they did their nails, cut their hair, different earrings, you can name perfumes by smell, dresses or new pair of jeans.....that all said, it doesn't escape me that the view-counts show a LOT of people view the obvious gummy-bear spam we all know and love (we love the mods for deleting it!), why?

Valid question, right? We all have seen these before so any of us that were curious have already looked, but maybe that supposition is wrong.

Full-disclosure; I have been known to respond to those spammers in a joking fashion........but I won't open it unless I'm going to rip on their lives of futility in a friendly fashion.

Why do people, on this forum..... our friends here, view them, when they know what it's going to be?

Just one of those things that struck me this morning when I opened the Intro's folder and saw the 2 spams.....so, any clues?

TheLastGreen

Johannesburg
Just that I'm a details person, so I notice the little things. Sorry guys, but girls LOVE that quality....cause you'll notice when they did their nails, cut their hair, different earrings, you can name perfumes by smell, dresses or new pair of jeans.....that all said, it doesn't escape me that the view-counts show a LOT of people view the obvious gummy-bear spam we all know and love (we love the mods for deleting it!), why?

Valid question, right? We all have seen these before so any of us that were curious have already looked, but maybe that supposition is wrong.

Full-disclosure; I have been known to respond to those spammers in a joking fashion........but I won't open it unless I'm going to rip on their lives of futility in a friendly fashion.

Why do people, on this forum..... our friends here, view them, when they know what it's going to be?

Just one of those things that struck me this morning when I opened the Intro's folder and saw the 2 spams.....so, any clues?
I think it could be botsScreenshot_20220506-112020_Samsung Internet.jpg
I often times see bing, google or yandex on the list.
Some of the thread titles are interesting, some even mention it's a scam! So it could be that as well

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
I view many of them in order to report said posting as spam. Not sure how many previous viewers take the time to report. How’s that for a valid reason.?

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
I click on them to report them. Can't report them any other way. I don't read or respond to them at all.

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
I click on them to confirm they're spam before I remove them and ban the poster.
But I do actually find some of them to be interesting or comical to be honest.

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
If I was back at my real job and we had an issue like this I would probably suggest that once a post gets “red flagged/reported” that a little icon ❌ appear indicating that it’s been flagged. If it was flagged, I’m guessing a lot less people would click & view.

jeff kushner

North of Annapolis
Thanks guys, I did not know that they must be opened to report them.

Or, said another way;

I don't report so I was not aware of the work you guys do to get them removed.

I can home now, I've learned my new thing for the day!

Just kinda works out that it's 11am here, my normal quitting time on Fridays!

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
Thanks guys, I did not know that they must be opened to report them.

Or, said another way;

I don't report so I was not aware of the work you guys do to get them removed.

I can home now, I've learned my new thing for the day!

Just kinda works out that it's 11am here, my normal quitting time on Fridays!
A lot of the SPAM has a "SPAMMY" title.
But some of it might sound legitimate at first.
Its not all the same.