Custom made vivarium builders (UK)

LeopardTortLover

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Manchester, UK
Helllloooo everyone! :)

In the near future I am looking to buy Marley a custom made vivarium and I want it to be massive. I won't give any sizes because I haven't thought it through yet.

I was just wondering if any of you UK folks, or anybody who knows a reliable builder in the UK, have had experience ordering a custom made viv from anyone? Or is there anyone on the forum who builds and sells them in the UK?

I would build it myself, but believe me, I can barely put up a shelf! So does anybody have any contacts, known sources, or people they have had dealings with that they could recommend?

Thank you.

jshaw9_

5 Year Member
I built my own 8ft indoor enclosure 4ft is closed an 4ft is open. I ordered the size wood I needed from b&q and they cut and deliver it, total cost £100. (Inc £20 delivery) I would not recommend you get a custom one built, they are very expensive. Do you have any friends that would help you build it?

Leopard owner from Nottingham

laney

5 Year Member
Aberdeen, Scotland
I found a couple that did tort tables but would not customise so I contacted some local joiners, sketched out what I wanted and got quotes. I got a beautiful 3storey 6x3feet enclosure with wood and glass built for £300 which was a bargain for the materials included IMO. My latest one I built myself, same idea as the previous comment. Sketched out what I wanted, got b&q to cut for me and put together in less than an hour, it was like my own personal flat pack lol

LeopardTortLover

5 Year Member
Manchester, UK
Thanks everyone. I'm going to sketch some ideas out and then contact a joiner probably. Do joiners deal with glass too? I want a really basic box anyway with 2 sliding glass doors and holes cutting for the lights. So excited to start designing!

My uncle is a roofer, he might be able to help me.

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
If only you were in the States. I could knock one out for you in a day. Sorry.