Cute Random Tortoise Thought

Status
Not open for further replies.

bellyboo

5 Year Member
I love how tortoises are such educational pets. My kiddos learn so much each day and the entire family has fun reading all sorts of fun tortoise stuff. Apparently my 5 year old really pays attention. Today she yelled at a family friend.

"Don't call him a turtle! That's a TORTOISE. Not a turtle. The other one is a turtle. Don't you know the difference?!?" ;)

bubbles01

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Corfu, Greece
LMAO!!! Brilliant!

When Chloe was about 3 she was watching a programme on TV showing turtles, she'd never seen one before and turned to us and went - "Look, a Water Tortoise!!!"

She is now (at age 11) mortified by this...!!

bellyboo

5 Year Member
Ha ha! I've always had a love for them and my kiddos have picked it up as well. My 3 year old little boy's favorite thing to watch currently is this documentary on sea turtles that's on netflix. :D He watches it at least once a week! And of course the episode of Go, Diego, Go where he saves the giant tortoises.

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
That is awesome...my son has to put up with me and all this turtle and tortoise business...lol...I always thought he was not paying attention to me (you know, the cordial head nod and uh huh every so often) then I heard him one day explaining the basic needs of CDTs to one of his teachers during his school field trip ....at my sons school they house the Tortoise Terrace where alot of confiscated CDTs are sent to live out their life .....he has signed up for their outdoor science program due to that class is heavily involved with the care and observation of the members of the Tortoise Terrace.....he is very excited about spring time as that is when they can go in and observe awake tortoise...lol

It is awesome to me when kids get it....thanks for sharing :D

bellyboo

5 Year Member
ascott said:
That is awesome...my son has to put up with me and all this turtle and tortoise business...lol...I always thought he was not paying attention to me (you know, the cordial head nod and uh huh every so often) then I heard him one day explaining the basic needs of CDTs to one of his teachers during his school field trip ....at my sons school they house the Tortoise Terrace where alot of confiscated CDTs are sent to live out their life .....he has signed up for their outdoor science program due to that class is heavily involved with the care and observation of the members of the Tortoise Terrace.....he is very excited about spring time as that is when they can go in and observe awake tortoise...lol

Aw, that's very cool! How now that he gets to do that. I must say, I'm extremely envious of you warm climate people. lol! My hubby and I have this grand plan of retiring in Florida some day and owning a ton of tortoises. :D

Terry Allan Hall

5 Year Member
The Republic O' Tejas
ascott said:

How excellent! :cool:

bakexlove

5 Year Member
I love this forum! I also get so annoyed and always correct people. It's a tortoise! Lol. But I love reading about other peoples Passion for these amazing animals. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.