Cutest/Best characteristics of your tortoise?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Masin

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
North Florida
srkarpen said:
Yortoise, my Russian has a little grumpy face. Even when I know he's happiest he looks at me with this grumpy old man face. It's adorable. He's got some nasturtiums that he loves to munch but some of them are just out of his reach. He'll stretch really out far and stand up really tall but not quite get there then look up with his grumpy face. It's too much.

Ours too! She's always mean mugging us!!

StudentoftheReptile

5 Year Member
Alabama
Most of my tortoises are still young and haven't developed much "personality" as of yet. Although the redfoots are generally more outgoing. My son likes to go over and watch them all the time, and they will occasionally stride over to the glass to greet him (or beg for food, more likely).

Kobe the sulcata is very shy and reclusive. He loves the rain and loves to eat.

I haven't had Lobo long enough to notice any outstanding characteristics, other than his limp.

feline8

5 Year Member
MD
EKLC said:
my pancake tort climbs all over the place, and since he's missing a foot, he gets in sticky situations

Hahaha! I love your pancake tortoise! That clip and photo made my day :)

srkarpen said:
Yortoise, my Russian has a little grumpy face. Even when I know he's happiest he looks at me with this grumpy old man face. It's adorable.

You're right! For such a tiny tortoise, he sure has a lot of personality. :D Kind of reminds me of Grumpy, the dwarf from Snow White.

futureleopardtortoise said:
Ohhh, I also like how he will do anything for his favorite food. I was having a discussion with some family that came over about how they thought tortoises were incapable of going any faster than snail pace. I decided to show them Carl's speed demon side, so I got a stone crop leaf, put if about 20 inches away from him, and watched him go! Haha, he ran so fast.

Wow! They should have tortoise races, that way Carl will win 1st place, haha. My Tangelo doesn't "run," she mainly just waddles her little legs in search of food. She's never in a rush, I guess she just has a laid-back attitude.

Terry Allan Hall

5 Year Member
The Republic O' Tejas
Jennifer - fearless and friendly.
Ophelia - pretty much the same
Apollonia - a little shy, but becoming more trusting by the day
Ptolemy - he's The KIng, and knows it

wellington said:
Give her a little more time, she'll come around. I just hope when my Tatum gets larger, he still let's me kiss him without taking my lip off. LOL:D

Never wear red lipstick when you're kissing it, then...to most tortoises red = yummy...and it might be difficult explaining the tortoise hanging off of your lower lip at the Emergency Room! :rolleyes:

Laurie

5 Year Member
Saratoga County, New York
My Brains runs too when I put food in his enclosure. He stumbles over everything in his path trying to rush his little legs over to the food, he's hysterical!

mattgrizzlybear

10 Year Member!
NE Ohio
Tommy, my tortoises' best and cutest quality would have to be that when i am feeding him you can hear every CRUNCH really loud and you can see his little tongue!

feline8

5 Year Member
MD
Terry Allan Hall said:
Jennifer - fearless and friendly.
Ophelia - pretty much the same
Apollonia - a little shy, but becoming more trusting by the day
Ptolemy - he's The KIng, and knows it

I love the names of your tortoise! Very pretty!

wellington said:
Give her a little more time, she'll come around. I just hope when my Tatum gets larger, he still let's me kiss him without taking my lip off. LOL:D

Terry Allan Hall said:
Never wear red lipstick when you're kissing it, then...to most tortoises red = yummy...and it might be difficult explaining the tortoise hanging off of your lower lip at the Emergency Room! :rolleyes:

Haha! Advice taken. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.