Cutest Tortoise???

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
A Land Far Away...
Yep yep. Classic Suriname offspring. Waiting on them to hatch this year. The Guyana and Venezuelans have started to hatch though.

You know it is a basic and simple look, but really nice in it's simplicity.(Yeah I know, something positive about one that is not a split scute) I might have to check into getting one or two. :)

DutchieAmanda

5 Year Member
Netherlands
Yep yep. Classic Suriname offspring. Waiting on them to hatch this year. The Guyana and Venezuelans have started to hatch though.

@tortadise Is yellow head and red feet typical for Suriname redfoots (redfeet?)? Then my cute tort (who is very proud to have passed the 200-grams limit :) ) is probably also a Suriname type?
ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1430853012.388820.jpg

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Tropical South Texas
@tortadise Is yellow head and red feet typical for Suriname redfoots (redfeet?)? Then my cute tort (who is very proud to have passed the 200-grams limit :) ) is probably also a Suriname type?
View attachment 128782
Not necessarily. Columbians, Guyana, and Surinames can all have yellow heads. I've even seen some gran Chaco Bolivians have yellow heads. But for the most part Suriname seems to have really yellow heads and red scales on the legs.