Cuts on back legs

boris'mommy

Location (City and/or State)
Pleasant Hill, Ca
image.jpg A bit confused on this matter since it appears to be caused by his own shell rubbing his legs raw.
I've been keeping Neosporin on them and they've healed up quote well for it still being an issue. There's gotta be something I can do about this!

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Sometimes the edge of their shell is quite sharp, and if the tortoise does any attempts at climbing the walls, when he loses his grip and slides down the shell cuts the legs. While it's healing you can put a little piece of duct tape over that sharp shell edge.

boris'mommy

Pleasant Hill, Ca
Sometimes the edge of their shell is quite sharp, and if the tortoise does any attempts at climbing the walls, when he loses his grip and slides down the shell cuts the legs. While it's healing you can put a little piece of duct tape over that sharp shell edge.

It just occurred to me his climbing could be it. Now I'm convinced, and will definitely be using some duck tape. Thank you so much Yvonne!!

alex_ornelas

newark ca
View attachment 125795 A bit confused on this matter since it appears to be caused by his own shell rubbing his legs raw.
I've been keeping Neosporin on them and they've healed up quote well for it still being an issue. There's gotta be something I can do about this!
My Oliver dose that I feel bad but wat I do is u take a nail file and just round off the sharp edges. It doesn't hurt him at all when I do it its just like filing down ur nail.

Razan

5 Year Member
Riverside, CA
You've got to love this forum, it provides the greatest range of advise. From duct tape to nail files the solutions are here. Either one seems like they will help. We are all likely to find one of these items at our house pretty quick.

If you can't think of where your duct tape is, go get some.