Cypress Mulch Brand/Retailers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Madkins007

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Nebraska
Heck, next time just buy a few spare bags from the Big Box store in the summer when they are plentiful and cheap and store it in some corner.

M

Maggie Cummings

Madkins007 said:
Heck, next time just buy a few spare bags from the Big Box store in the summer when they are plentiful and cheap and store it in some corner.

When you do that make sure there's no pine in it...

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I got a pleasant surprise yesterday. I saw a sign as I was driving by that there was a grand opening for Taylor's Reptiles. I went in and asked the guy if he was able to get cypress mulch. He pointed to a back corner that was piled high with 2 cu.ft. bags of cypress mulch!!! For $20 apiece. My smaller-than-1 cu.ft.-bags of orchid bark cost me $9 apiece. This is the first and only place I've seen the large bags of cypress mulch here in my town! Needless to say, I bought a couple.

Yvonne

Bryan

10 Year Member!
emysemys said:
I got a pleasant surprise yesterday. I saw a sign as I was driving by that there was a grand opening for Taylor's Reptiles. I went in and asked the guy if he was able to get cypress mulch. He pointed to a back corner that was piled high with 2 cu.ft. bags of cypress mulch!!! For $20 apiece. My smaller-than-1 cu.ft.-bags of orchid bark cost me $9 apiece. This is the first and only place I've seen the large bags of cypress mulch here in my town! Needless to say, I bought a couple.

Yvonne

Mine only cost $25 for 48 quarts and another $60 for 2nd day Fed Ex :( Next time around I'll see if they can ship it parcel post when I don't need it right away.

Madkins007

10 Year Member!
Nebraska
Just FYI- apparently, the Ace Hardware internal order # for the mulch is 72242, and it should run under $5/2 cu.foot bag. Most stores should order in within a week and not charge shipping or special rates.

They were just talking about this on the Yahoo Redfoots Group- I thought it was quite serendipitous.

Bryan

10 Year Member!
Madkins007 said:
Just FYI- apparently, the Ace Hardware internal order # for the mulch is 72242, and it should run under $5/2 cu.foot bag. Most stores should order in within a week and not charge shipping or special rates.

They were just talking about this on the Yahoo Redfoots Group- I thought it was quite serendipitous.

Thanks, I read that there too. I will check that out as soon as I have some spare time.

Status
Not open for further replies.