Daisy Lou + NEW Vet + Xray = Happy Torty Mom!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Torty Mom

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Bakersfield, California
I am so so excited, it was NOT a bladder stone, but a very hard chunk of urates. She is full of all kind of gritty urates, most is in her stomach and then in her intestine. Her bladder is clear and looks good. She has no blockages. Yea! I feel so happy!! I was a SERIOUS MESS yesterday! The Dr. said everything should pass with out any trouble, the worst has already come out. She has serious vitamin a def, which we already knew.

Then I think she asked me a trick question, so I told her all that Lisa and I have done, what I feed her, how and when I soak her, basically everything since I got her, she nodded her head a few times, took a pause, and then told me I was doing a great job, and that she didn't think I needed to change anything! I felt like a little kid who got an "A" on her report card!!! Wooohoooo!!!

She stated the obvious, like keep the calicum low for a little while and up the vitamin A rich foods.

We go back in 2 weeks for a follow up appt and a new xray to see how things have moved along. I also have to bring in her next fecal. She only weighs 2lbs and 7oz. Very small for her age.

So, I must tell each and everyone of you from the bottom of my heart THANK YOU because without you guys and Lisa I'd be lost. It is with your support and words of wisdom that we are getting thru this nightmare! I have learned so much, and I feel blessed to be a part of this awesome group!!

I got a super sweet PM from Maggie, I love you Maggie and Isa, you both are amazing! Your guys' willingness to help me out was beautiful and so very much appreciated.

:D happy Mary Anne and Daisy Lou!!!

M

Maggie Cummings

I am glad for you, but there are others on another thread who don't think I'm so nice. I'm mean. adios

onarock

5 Year Member
Hawaii
Well. a day of ups and downs on TFO. Good news, I'll bet your relieved.

egyptiandan

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
USA
Thats great news :D Hopefully everthing will pass with no problems.

Danny

kimber_lee_314

10 Year Member!
So Cal
Terrific! I was so sad reading yesterday's post I didn't even know how to respond. Do you mind telling us who this new vet is?

Becki

5 Year Member
Albuquerque
This forum is like a roller coaster today! Yay for Daisy Lou! You must be so relieved. Did this vet say anything about her eyes?

Torty Mom

5 Year Member
Bakersfield, California
Her name is Jennifer Mcgraw (661) 327-4444 ~ 8610 Harris Road, Bakersfield, CA 93311 ~ Bakersfield Veterinary Hospital

She took her time with me and answered every question I had. No vitamin A shots were even mentioned, I was kinda waiting for that! I will see her again in two weeks, so if anyone has a questions, I can ask her!! Send me them I will make a list! :D

Oh, I did forget to say that it will take about up to 2 months for the swelling in her eyes to go down. Darn...

Thanks everyone who has posted, I appreciate it!

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
well good news is always welcome, and it is always good to find a vet who knows what he/she is doing, they are worth their weight in gold.

Candy

10 Year Member!
Alhambra, CA
That is very good news and I'm sure she will now start to gain more weight being with you. :)

Torty Mom

5 Year Member
Bakersfield, California
Thanks everyone! We were able to get out for some sunshine today before it rained. She cruised around and sniffed everything, she is such a trooper!! She has been manhandled by a ton of people in the last 24 hours!

I was able to sneak in some mineral oil into her food....he he she didn't even know it was there!

I hope tomorrow is quiet, I need to relax before I get attacked by 14 ~ 5 year olds tomorrow at work!! Which they have made something for TFO, I have to take a picture and post it. Tortoise lovers in the making! So cute!!

Thanks again everyone!! Mary Anne

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Woo hoo! Great news. I'm very glad you ended up with her.

nascarmw

5 Year Member
Bakersfield CA
of course Auntie Lisa is sooooooooo happy about all this too!!! after all...Daisy Lou is Elliott's girlfriend!! LOL

tobibaby

5 Year Member
SoCal
yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah.. i cried when you posted how she had tear drops on her shell.. im so happy :D

Status
Not open for further replies.