dang it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

cvalda

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Wisconsin
This "breeders trio" that I just got... turns out they are ALL female! ARGH! Some luck they'll have breeding with each other! :( I guess I need to track down another male one of these days, or hope that at least one of my two little ones turns out to be male!

Iluvemturts

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
South Central WI
That is actually a good thing. Females tend to be harder to find and males are a dime a dozen. Check into craigslist.com sometimes you can find them just needing a good home.

cvalda

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Wisconsin
lol craigslist is where i got these three from! i'll be keeping an eye on it, that's for sure!

Iluvemturts

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
South Central WI
oohh so did you get the ones with the tort table included? I talked with the chick but I felt she wanted too much $$$ for them. She told me 500$ hope you got them cheaper.

JustAnja

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Arkansas
Yea I saw those torts on craiglist too. lol I thought about contacting as well.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Any possibility that they may have had contact with a male and be able to have fertile eggs even without you having a male? Of course you will need a male in the future, but might still give you a pleasant gift now. Always much better to find out you have all females, then all males.

T-P

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Coventry, England
It is possible Jacqui, but doubtful if they were the only torts owned by the person selling them.

cvalda, you could possible do a Trade-Swap, 1 of your females for a Male, alot of people do that.

Or you can just search around for a Male Tortoise.

if you have a reptile center near by, normally most reptile centers will Order a reptile for you if you are willing to pay a lil extra than normal asking price.

My uncles friend ordered 2 females and 1 male from the reptile center near me.
The females were going 100 each, and male was going 120. They only paid on top of all an extra 50 pounds.

cvalda

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Wisconsin
Iluvemturts, I got her down to $400, and yep with the table and all the supplies! They are very healthy and doing really well, and SOOOOOO friendly!

Jacqui, I believe these were her only ones in the last 2.5 years so I doubt that will happen.

I did find a 5" male a few days ago, though, so now after quarantine, we'll hopefully have some action going on this spring!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.