Dang turtle must be PSYCHIC!!!

Moozillion

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Louisiana, USA
I can NOT figure out how Millie does this.

Her aquarium is here in our breakfast room, right by the table so we can see her easily and often.
She has been basking for a good while as I sit nearby on my computer. She was SOUND asleep with her neck stretched out, eyes closed, letting her chin rest on a rock as if it was a pillow.? It was just SOOOO stinkin’ cute I had to get a picture. I had my phone next to me, and I PROMISE you, I made absolutely NO detectable noise picking up my phone and turning it towards her - but she opened her eyes, picked up her head and looked straight at me! So, NO adorable nap photo.
I slowly, silently leaned back into my chair and turned away from her, all the while moving in s-l-o-w-m-o-t-I-o-n...
She turned her face away, set her chin down and closed her eyes again...
Ever so slowly, silent as a tomb, I gently pick up my phone, moving only my arm...turn the phone slowly towards her and...AGAIN HER EYES POP OPEN AND SHE LIFTS HER HEAD, looking STRAIGHT at me!!!
We must have done this 4-5 times before I gave up!!! (And of course, she’s still napping adorably on her rock!)

Each time, her eyes were SHUT, she was NOT facing me directly, and I made NO SOUND WHATSOEVER!!!

All I can figure is she must be psychic!!!
Anybody else have this problem?

ZenHerper

New Jersey
Prey species gotta live! (You stalker paparazzi, you.)

Growing up we had a dog. He has a skin condition and was regularly hauled into the tub for a stinky medicated bath.

One day he came charging into my bed, trying to throw himself out the window.

My mother was sitting at the dining room table reading the paper and THINKING that she had time to wash him that day. Didn't fidget, didn't close the paper, didn't clear her throat, or look at him. He twigged her thoughts.

Lyndi

Darwen, Lancashire
Ha! Not just turtles who do this. Our cat, Sox, is an expert in arranging herself into adorable poses until the very second I'm ready to press the camera button! And as for Ziggy and Bailey, I now have many photos of their back ends as they disappear back into the water or their caves as soon as they see I want them to 'hold the pose'! ?