Dante and His Xmas Gift

Pokeymeg

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Boston, MA
It took a while for his gift to grow in...He's mostly ignored it until I caught this cute moment today! It makes him look so small!

Barista5261

5 Year Member
Central Florida
Love it! I did the same thing with my sulcatas [SMILING FACE WITH OPEN MOUTH] my chia pet is Willie Robertson from Duck Dynasty [SMILING FACE WITH SMILING EYES]

ImageUploadedByTortForum1389581551.332614.jpg

ImageUploadedByTortForum1389581585.048619.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

J_W

Colorado
What seeds do you plant on the chia pet? The chia seeds that come with it, or something else. Just wondering because I think it's a great decorative/feeding idea.

Barista5261

5 Year Member
Central Florida
The chia seeds that come with it [SMILING FACE WITH OPEN MOUTH] but I am thinking of growing other sprouts on it next after I run out of chia. That lil bulldozer cleaned the entire chia pet clean overnight [FACE WITH STUCK-OUT TONGUE AND WINKING EYE]

Pokeymeg

5 Year Member
Boston, MA
J_W said:
What seeds do you plant on the chia pet? The chia seeds that come with it, or something else. Just wondering because I think it's a great decorative/feeding idea.

I used the chia seeds that came with it. It comes with enough for 2-3 plantings. I have no idea about how other sprouts work, but I think chia pets use chia seeds because the seeds can easily stick to the terra cotta (you soak them in water first and they make this gooey substance that makes them stick). I'd be interested to know if other sprouts would work with it!

J_W

Colorado
That's pretty cool. I would also be interested to see if a graze mix would stick to it. Thanks for sharing.