Dark lines on baby Sulcata plastron

Freddyguy2018

Location (City and/or State)
Dunkirk NY
I’ve been noticing the development of black lines on my young sulcatas plastron the past couple of weeks. Is this just growth and normal or could it be something else? Also he was born with a bit of an uneven plastron on his left side and was curious if it would grow normally or if he might need to see a vet for it down the road? He also has a tiny sliver of his plastron that looks like it’s splintered off of him near his bottom right leg. Im not sure how normal that is thank you for your help!View attachment 351947

Attachments

• 88EEAC03-5C6A-4C9C-843A-8A1FC5DE60D9.jpeg
    88EEAC03-5C6A-4C9C-843A-8A1FC5DE60D9.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 9
  • 3DD37A1C-9F0D-4A46-B63E-D858E176FB5A.jpeg
    3DD37A1C-9F0D-4A46-B63E-D858E176FB5A.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 9

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
That looks like substrate staining. I don't see anything wrong. What substrate is he on?

Freddyguy2018

Dunkirk NY
That looks like substrate staining. I don't see anything wrong. What substrate is he on?
Coco Coir I figured it was probably just stained but then I noticed this weird white squiggly lines/circles on his plastron and thought it might have something to do with it. Are those like the tortoise version of stretch marks?

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Coco Coir I figured it was probably just stained but then I noticed this weird white squiggly lines/circles on his plastron and thought it might have something to do with it. Are those like the tortoise version of stretch marks?
We have discussed the white squiggly lines here many times. In short, we don't know what they are, but they are totally normal and not harmful in any way.

Freddyguy2018

Dunkirk NY
We have discussed the white squiggly lines here many times. In short, we don't know what they are, but they are totally normal and not harmful in any way.
That’s a relief, I couldn’t find anything online about them and I’ve been searching all day, thank you sir!