Dark liquid coming out of my turtle's tail.

Melody.nan

Location (City and/or State)
Uae
Plz help dark liquid coming out of her tail and the green she eats seems to go out as it is. And she won't stop moving and climbing from hours. Idk what to do . she is about 3 inch a baby Testudo graeca .

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
Hello the dark liquid sounds like poop, but your tort hasn't been getting enough fiber in her diet to make it firm.

What are you feeding her?

As for the pacing, that's possibly because something isn't right with the enclosure. Photographs of the enclosure and lighting will help us to help you.

I recommend you read the TFO care guides and compare them with your setup.

They're written by species experts working hard to correct the outdated information widely available on the internet and from pet stores and, sadly, from some breeders and vets too.

Beginner Mistakes
http://www.tortoiseforum.org/threads/beginner-mistakes.45180/

Baby Testudo Tortoise Care (written about Russians, but applies to Greeks)
http://www.tortoiseforum.org/thread...or-other-herbivorous-tortoise-species.107734/

Melody.nan

Uae
Hello the dark liquid sounds like poop, but your tort hasn't been getting enough fiber in her diet to make it firm.

What are you feeding her?

As for the pacing, that's possibly because something isn't right with the enclosure. Photographs of the enclosure and lighting will help us to help you.

I recommend you read the TFO care guides and compare them with your setup.

They're written by species experts working hard to correct the outdated information widely available on the internet and from pet stores and, sadly, from some breeders and vets too.

Beginner Mistakes
http://www.tortoiseforum.org/threads/beginner-mistakes.45180/

Baby Testudo Tortoise Care (written about Russians, but applies to Greeks)
http://www.tortoiseforum.org/thread...or-other-herbivorous-tortoise-species.107734/
I feed her.
lettuce
Ahe loves it
She had cold so the vet gived me a pills for u and now she's taking thm once every day from 4 days

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
She is definitely not getting a good diet or enough fiber. Lettuce has little fibre and few nutrients.

She needs a variety of leafy greens to eat otherwise she will become very sick and die.

@Tidgy's Dad and @Gillian Moore can hopefully suggest suitable foods that you can obtain easily

Melody.nan

Uae
She is definitely not getting a good diet or enough fiber. Lettuce has little fibre and few nutrients.

She needs a variety of leafy greens to eat otherwise she will become very sick and die.

@Tidgy's Dad and @Gillian Moore can hopefully suggest suitable foods that you can obtain easily
Thank u so much am gonna change her diet for fer food for sure

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Babies are prey and are afraid out in the open. She may be trying to find a nice hiding place to get out of the open space.

Melody.nan

Uae
Babies are prey and are afraid out in the open. She may be trying to find a nice hiding place to get out of the open space.
It's my first time to tc of a turtle but i live her so much and i just went to do what is best for her and im starting to understand this amazing creatures better every day :)

TechnoCheese

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lewisville, Texas
It's my first time to tc of a turtle but i live her so much and i just went to do what is best for her and im starting to understand this amazing creatures better every day :)

I know this is a somewhat old thread, but the reason she "loves" the lettuce is because it has almost no nutritional value and she has to eat constantly to get the nutrition she needs. The very watery poop is from not only the very little amount of fiber it has, but also from the fact that the lettuce, which I'm guessing is iceberg, is almost completely water.

The reason your tortoise has a cold, which is probably a respiratory infection , is probably because your enclosure is humid and the temperature isn't high enough. Make sure you get the temps up to what they're suppose to be, and follow the advice and articles that have been given to you.

Melody.nan

Uae
I know this is a somewhat old thread, but the reason she "loves" the lettuce is because it has almost no nutritional value and she has to eat constantly to get the nutrition she needs. The very watery poop is from not only the very little amount of fiber it has, but also from the fact that the lettuce, which I'm guessing is iceberg, is almost completely water.

The reason your tortoise has a cold, which is probably a respiratory infection , is probably because your enclosure is humid and the temperature isn't high enough. Make sure you get the temps up to what they're suppose to be, and follow the advice and articles that have been given to you.
I tried offering her radish leaves and rocca leaves and with some lettuce only the tall one this is all she likes and love actually
She hates carrots so much idk why but i hope that what she eats is good for her i really hope so

TechnoCheese

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lewisville, Texas
Here's a list of things your tortoise can eat-
Dandelions
Bok Choy
Watercress
Chickweed
Kale(every now and then)
Turnip greens
Mustard greens
Optuna(prickly pear) cactus
Mazuri
Zoomed grassland tortoise food
Zucchini
Squash
Pumpkin

And the list goes on and on and on.
Try looking in the diet and food section. Your tortoise needs a huge variety of fibrous plants, and carrots/ fruit shouldn't be fed because of their high amounts of sugar.

Please upload photos of your enclosure and lighting, and knowing the temps and humidity would be nice.

TechnoCheese

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lewisville, Texas