Derby has worms, need advice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Missy

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Illinois
Well my box turtle had lots of tiny white worms in his poo. I have noticed lately that he is not eating much and not as active. Then I saw the worm infested poo, YUCK. I ordered Pancur from tortoise supply. Can anyone help me with the proper dose? I have not weighed him yet, can't find the darn scale. The vet is 2 1/2 hrs away so can't get him there unless I can't treat him at home.

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
I would PM exoticdr he might be able to help out

exoticsdr

5 Year Member
Today is my birthday!
Southeast Texas
I would be glad to help, but you need to have an accurate weight and then please PM me and we will work it out.

TortieLuver

5 Year Member
Arizona
Is your tortoise indoors or out? Sometimes if tortoises are left outdoors and poop, the poop left outdoors will get worms in them (maggots from flies, etc) and isn't really from the tortoise or inside the tortoise but a laying place for some bugs/insects.

Laura

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Foothills above Sacramento CA
need to ID the type of parasite.. but doc should be able to assist there too and know if the panacure will get them or all types..

Look up Pin Worms and see if that is what they look like...

Missy

5 Year Member
Illinois
exoticsdr said:
I would be glad to help, but you need to have an accurate weight and then please PM me and we will work it out.

Thank you, I will try and find the scale tomorrow.

TortieLuver said:
Is your tortoise indoors or out? Sometimes if tortoises are left outdoors and poop, the poop left outdoors will get worms in them (maggots from flies, etc) and isn't really from the tortoise or inside the tortoise but a laying place for some bugs/insects.

He is outside but I was right there when he pooped so I know they came from him.

TortieLuver

5 Year Member
Arizona
Oh that's too bad Missy...I had high hopes. Anyways, Laura is right in trying to find out which ones it is. If you can see them with the naked eye, it narrows it down. Please keep us posted on the progress and what you did so we can continue to learn.

Status
Not open for further replies.