desert tortoise babies to good homes

Status
Not open for further replies.

tortielover

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
I am looking to place our baby desert tortoises to good homes, ages < 1 year, and < 2 years old. We have owned the Mother for over 15 years. We are very committed to the care of the tortoises and will part with the offspring to persons who demonstrate knowledge of care, diet, and habitat and who are able to fulfill those needs.
:shy:
Please contact me via email if you are interested in adopting one of our wonderful babies!

mtdavis817254

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
waco tx
i can provide them and excellent and healthy home. please email me on prices and if you have any pics please send them to.
p.s. have they been checked out by a vet yet?

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Everyone who wants to respond to this request should be aware that it is illegal to ship Gopherus agassizii (desert tortoise) across the state line. So if Tortielover is in Arizona, the tortoises have to be adopted out to another Arizonian...Nevada to a Nevadan...and California to another Californian, etc.

Yvonne

spikethebest

10 Year Member!
Southern California
also it is illegal to charge or to have an "adoption fee" or anything of the sort in exchange for a desert tortoise. that also includes "trading". all desert tortoises belong to the state, not the caretaker.

jay8019

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
tortielover said:
I am looking to place our baby desert tortoises to good homes, ages < 1 year, and < 2 years old. We have owned the Mother for over 15 years. We are very committed to the care of the tortoises and will part with the offspring to persons who demonstrate knowledge of care, diet, and habitat and who are able to fulfill those needs.
:shy:
Please contact me via email if you are interested in adopting one of our wonderful babies!

Hello - very interested in one or more. I live in White Rock, New Mexico; arid climate - my Sulcata (rescued 3 ounce beauty) definitely loves it here! We call our place Tortuga Flats - one Sulcata, and two Boxes are currently only residents. Working with our Vet, who is also Sulcata ("Tank" is 13 years, 90 lbs.) owner/trained Herp. Vet.- so we're set-up with very adequate health care when/if needed. Separate, fenced, sunken edging yards for each breed is/will be provided.
Please respond - willing to give loving spacious care to any/every Tort!

Attachments

• 10772404609_0_1.jpg
    10772404609_0_1.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 65
  • 10748265217_0_1.jpg
    10748265217_0_1.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 54

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
anyone in california can adopt a desert tortoise from one of the CTTC chapters, we usually have more than we can place and we are always looking for good homes. from hatchling to adults if you want more info just let me know and I can help.

Crazy1

10 Year Member!
Inland Empire, CA
Dmmj, these are people that live outside CA. had these up for adoption. And ones in NM that are looking for DTs.
I am glad to see we have another CTTC person on the forum though.

We all just need to remember when dealing with DT they must stay in the state of origin. CA-CA, NM-NM, AZ-AZ. the Desert Tortoise is never really privately owned they are really owned by the state and we are permitted to care for the animal and therefore given a permit to care for it.
So for those who have tortoises to adopt out or for those who want to adopt these wonderful reptiles please know the laws in your particular state.

reptilegirl

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Hi, I have a large tortoise rescue in my backyard in Burbank, California and am interested in adopting one of your babies. Please contact me with how to proceed. [email protected]

temper13

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
I live in Arizona and would love to adopt them. I have one sulcata now and have good opened fenced area to provide additions. Section on side of my house is the pen and in front is grazing area. I have 3 hibicus plants, plenty of other greens that we eat and share with Becky(sulcata) and I get prickly leaves and fruit.

Status
Not open for further replies.