Desert Tortoises + Sulcatas: Free to capable and responsible owners

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Hello, I am new as of today and was wondering if any of your babies or young adults are available? Thank you:)
Desert tortoises belong to the State they're native to and can't be shipped out of state.

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
PacificNorthWest
It is against federal law to remove desert tortoises (Gopherus agassizii) from California...that means nothing to me a native Californian, I don't mind breaking the law, however, if you are busted for breaking that law...the tortoise is the one who pays the penalty as the government will euthanize them. So really think it over as YOU might be the reason the torts are killed...

RabbitSide

Niland, CA
It is against federal law to remove desert tortoises (Gopherus agassizii) from California...that means nothing to me a native Californian, I don't mind breaking the law, however, if you are busted for breaking that law...the tortoise is the one who pays the penalty as the government will euthanize them. So really think it over as YOU might be the reason the torts are killed...
This sentiment keeps being mentioned and I fully agree. I just want to clarify that this is known and none of these torts have been or will be sent out of state.
All is good :)

SpecialAsian007

Los Angeles, CA
Hello RabbitSide,
My kids and I are looking for a friend for our DT that we adopted locally here in Southern California. Please PM me and hopefully you can help our DT find a friend.

Johnny : )