Desert Torts Available for Adoption - SF Valley, CA

Status
Not open for further replies.

mctlong

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
SF Valley, SoCal
From the American Tortoise Rescue Facebook Page (https://www.facebook.com/AmericanTortoiseRescue) -

"We have a situation in the San Fernando Valley area of Los Angeles where a gentleman's home is being sold and he can’t take his desert tortoises with him. He has five (see photo) ranging in age from 30 to 70 years old. They have been with ...him most of their lives. I am hoping the new owners want them, but if not I am trying to line something up. The oldest he’s had for 50 years. They’ve had a good life with him and he wants them to go to a responsible owner. I'd like them to stay together. If you have a large fenced yard with no dogs and no pesticides, and no other tortoises you would be a perfect candidate. Email me at [email protected] with details and a photo re: your habitat."

931156_10151394872322374_179267868_n.jpg

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
That's a tall order. Large yard, no other tortoises, no dogs and someone fitting this description is just going to take on 5 adult DTs? I hope they find a great home.

mctlong

5 Year Member
SF Valley, SoCal
Yes, I think thats their wish-list, but I doubt they'll find anyone meeting that criteria and will have to settle for someone who is simply willing and capable of providing a good home.

Status
Not open for further replies.