Diapers for tortoises?

Lulabee247

Location (City and/or State)
Durham
What's even funnier is they now sell organic dandelion in my favorite grocery store. I could make a million dollars.?
Shocking, after googling dandelion I realise we can actually eat and drink it too. I want a whole dandelion field. Il putting a net up when all the clocks come out cos that’s all you see floating in the air in the summer when kids (and adults?) blow them. All that money floating in the air….. imagine. ?

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Shocking, after googling dandelion I realise we can actually eat and drink it too. I want a whole dandelion field. Il putting a net up when all the clocks come out cos that’s all you see floating in the air in the summer when kids (and adults?) blow them. All that money floating in the air….. imagine. ?
I've tried the leaves, flowers deep fried, and the herbal supplements. I just have a bit of trouble with them because they tend to dehydrate me. But they taste good.?

Warren

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Balto. MD
I already plant dandelion (Chicory), mustard greens and collard greens. Here are a couple of pictures. The dandelion are taking off now, the collard green and the mustard greens are getting beat down with these high temperatures.

Attachments

• 20210714_103500.jpg
    20210714_103500.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 11
  • 20210714_103448.jpg
    20210714_103448.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 11

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
I've tried the leaves, flowers deep fried, and the herbal supplements. I just have a bit of trouble with them because they tend to dehydrate me. But they taste good.?
We can also eat the little seed stems of plantain. You just have to blanch them several times to get rid of most of the tannins. They are said to taste close to broccoli.?

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
I thought it was funny. Seems we aren't allowed to laugh at anything or say anything anymore. Sorry, but laughing is what this country is missing. Now, back to the show...Queue frying pan!!!
I was going to say don't get cousin it started but I can see I'm too late ?

Jan A

Boulder, CO
Do you mean puking your guts out dehydrated or just a little dry mouth?

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Do you mean puking your guts out dehydrated or just a little dry mouth?
It's a little dry mouth and sluggish. But they taste really good. It might not be the same if I blanche them to get rid of some tannins first. You can't do that for the flowers before deep frying though.?

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
Oh man ive seen it all now ??‍♂️ Save ur money! That is the dumbest idea ever. That would just make more of a mess . Are u gonna buy diaper rash cream too? Haha
I got a vision of that diaper and matching booties and a hat.

Seriously though. This may be an option for some folks.
Personally, my torts aren't allowed inside the house except for their 6 month check ups.

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
I already plant dandelion (Chicory), mustard greens and collard greens. Here are a couple of pictures. The dandelion are taking off now, the collard green and the mustard greens are getting beat down with these high temperatures.
Hey Warren. I’m really impressed by your garden!

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Thank you, it's a community garden. I'm the only one that growing weeds in my garden.
What you gonna do with the chicory? Louisiana coffee actually adds it to their brand of coffee. And it's good.?

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
What you gonna do with the chicory? Louisiana coffee actually adds it to their brand of coffee. And it's good.?
I just googled but didn't see that Louisiana coffee still has chicory but they used to. And so did choc full of nuts. Back in the 90's both did. It was so good. Everyone said my coffee was better than McDonald's. Maybe you want to save some for you.