Diet and enclosure for red foot tortoise help

Location (City and/or State)
Ontario, Canada
Just adopted a one year old red foot tortoise. My boyfriend and I have done our research for years before we ( more of myself ) decided to get one. We built him an enclosure before we got him to suit his environment. I put real plants in it and am going to start growing grass soon. I have two uvb and uva lights, then I have a heating basking lamp on the other side closer to his hut where he is stays most of the time. The lady who had him before was feeding him aquatic turtle pellets mostly hardly any fruit or veggies. I did a mix of mango and a tiny bit of wet cat food with calcium powder on top, and some kale and he loved it. But doesn't seem to be eating a lot?? He will take a couple bites and then go back to his hiding place. He has used his water. He seems to be interested in his new habitat but likes to stay in his hiding place a lot. I'm just wondering if he's hiding mostly because it's a new habitat?? / new diet??

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
Anytime you change a tortoises habitat, they will hide a lot.
However, incorrect lighting...Too bright. Too intense. Temperatures too cold. Below 70 or too hot. Above 88. Too dry. Even wrong type substrate, etc. Will all cause discomfort.
Please get as many photos of everything as you can available to us and we will help you after seeing what needs tweaking or replacing.

Ontario, Canada
Anytime you change a tortoises habitat, they will hide a lot.
However, incorrect lighting...Too bright. Too intense. Temperatures too cold. Below 70 or too hot. Above 88. Too dry. Even wrong type substrate, etc. Will all cause discomfort.
Please get as many photos of everything as you can available to us and we will help you after seeing what needs tweaking or replacing.

Attachments

• IMG_1640.JPG
    IMG_1640.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 20
Ontario, Canada
Let me know what needs tweaking. I have his home and everything how it was set up before in his tank. So he doesn't get too confused. I think I may need to change his uvb lights this week. I have the heating lamp over his hiding place a little bit in front temperature is 75 f. During the day

Attachments

• IMG_1641.JPG
    IMG_1641.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 15