DIFFERENT TEMPERATURES IN EACH CONTAINER IN INCUBATOR

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carol S

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Alta Loma, CA
I have one container in my Hovabator incubator containing Russian eggs that are approximately 7 weeks (5 eggs). Today I put in another container of eggs (3 eggs). I have had two different digital thermometers/hygrometers in the first container for the past 7 weeks. These have registered the same temperature and humidity just about continuously (so I know they both are working accurately). However, now I have put one of them in the new container of eggs and it is registering around 3 degrees lower. I thought perhaps it was the position of the new container in the incubator so I put the new container in the same exact spot where the other one had been for 7 weeks, but it still is registering a lower temperature. I do not want the older eggs to get too hot and I need to keep the new eggs at a good temperature (I was incubating the older eggs at 87.6 degrees and around 75% humidity. What is the problem with the temperature difference? :(

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
DIFFERENT TEMPERATURE IN CONTAINERS IN INCUBATOR

Carol, I'm thinking it could boil down to one probe calibrated differently.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I have found that I have to fiddle with the "buttons" frequently to make sure the temp stays where I want it. Adding a new container to the incubator changes the volume inside and so the adjustments have to be made to account for that.

Just curious why you posted so many times this same thread? I'll bet you were sitting on your cell phone!! LOL!

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
How long has the new container been in?

Try swapping probes and see what they register.

Try yet another thermometer and see what you get.

Try taking the batteries out to "reset" the thermometer that has changed.

Carol S

10 Year Member!
Alta Loma, CA
Yvonne G said:
I have found that I have to fiddle with the "buttons" frequently to make sure the temp stays where I want it. Adding a new container to the incubator changes the volume inside and so the adjustments have to be made to account for that.

Just curious why you posted so many times this same thread? I'll bet you were sitting on your cell phone!! LOL!

Thanks for the information. About posting so many times what happened is I clicked on the post button, but nothing happened and I kept trying. LOL.

Thanks everybody for your reply! Yvonne, sorry about the multiple posts.

This morning the temperature in the new container is registering 86.2 degrees and the other containing is registering 87.6 degrees. Both are the same kind of containers and have HatchRite in them. I am wondering if the problem is that the new container and Hatchrite just have to warm up and them will stabilize and be closer to the same temperature. I have reset the digital thermometers.

Thanks again everybody for your reply!! :)

N2TORTS

5 Year Member
exact reason why I dumped the hovabators this year......just not accurate enough and too many variables ( like Ken mentioned) when adding or subtracting eggs,.....:(

and switched to this .....
The 1550 HATCHER incubator is designed to allow for the best hatching conditions. Unlike setting incubators, hatchers usually operate at slightly different temperature and humidity settings to obtain optimum hatch. With five hatching drawers the 1550 Hatcher will hold the complete setting of the 1500 incubator. For expanding operations the 1550 can be matched with up to three 1500 incubators. The 1550 can be used to set eggs, but each egg will have to be turned by hand. For small chicks such as quail, each hatching tray comes with a tray cover. The No. 1550 HATCHER incubator offers an accurate digital thermostat with LCD display of Temperature and Humidity. An on-board computer monitors systems and the environment every second to keep itself updated and to share this data with you. Audio/visual indicators and a standard easy view door highlight a number of standard features. Constructed from high strength plastic board making it well insulated, quieter, and easier to clean. Each unit is hand assembled by our skilled craftsmen and tested for a full 24 hours for proper operation and calibration. Thermostat operating range between 60 and 103 degrees F. depending on room temperature. 110-120VAC, 50/60 Hz, 325 Watts. TUV Listed Hatcher includes: - 1 #3258 Digital Command Center - 5 hatching trays - 1 moisture pan with 2 wick pads - Instruction booklet - 4 hatching tray covers Total capacity approximately 1250 Quail eggs or 360 Chicken Eggs. DIMENSIONS: 30 1/4” Front to Back, 15 3/4” Wide, 31 3/4” High.

Millerlite

10 Year Member!
Southern Calif.
I think it can be the substrate temp, effecting the containers temp. I woul wait a few days and see if it evens out. No reason it should be off that much
I use a DIY incubator it accurate, but the temps do go up and down by 2 degrees because of outside conditions. It works tho.

However I do plan to build or buy a new incubator, I want something that can hold more eggs, might look into that 1550 sounds like a beast

Status
Not open for further replies.