Dipp and Dott checking out their pen and a pregnant Boss Lady

Status
Not open for further replies.

Albinoboidsetc

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
NC
Decided to let the two hellions check out the pen even though it isn't done. I tossed the rubbermaid tub out there for them to get a little shade while they are out there for the couple of hours they'll be out there. I still need to figure out what to do to block off the corners and something for a hide box. I might actually find a way to use the tub.

Kind of a bad pic but if you look close you'll see them teaching the grass and weeds who's boss
DSCF6436.jpg

Dipp realizing I am watching her.
DSCF6439.jpg

Dott not giving a care about me, there is foods everywhere!
DSCF6438.jpg

Now a pregnant Boss Lady standing next to the Hibiscus, still no flowers but it's getting big :).
DSCF6437.jpg

terryo

10 Year Member!
Staten Island, New York
Great pictures, and congrats on the baby. What kind of hibiscus is that? It doesn't look anything like the one's that I have.

Albinoboidsetc

5 Year Member
NC
It's just a generic white a Hardy Hibiscus that I bought a few years ago. each year it gets more and more wild looking, but I don't really do anything with, I just let it do what ever it wants.

terryo

10 Year Member!
Staten Island, New York
I have a red hardy hibiscus that get's bigger each year and has loads of flowers too, but the leaves look nothing like that. Could you post some pictures when it blooms? I'd love to see it. In the Fall does it get seed pods? I don't think mine does, although the Rose of Sharron gets loads of seed pods, and they grow like weeds here. I pull the little ones out from between the pavers, but I've never seen any from the hardy red one. I have a tropical one too, that I have to bring in each Winter, but I cut it down.

Albinoboidsetc

5 Year Member
NC
I've gotten pods a few times but not with any regularity. If I get any this year I'd like to try to get some to grow. I can for sure get you some pictures when it blooms, I love taking pics of it in bloom, those flowers are freaking HUGE lol. I did have a red one but it never came back after the second year. :(

drgnfly2265

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
FLORIDA
Love the torts area, they have a lot of food in there for them!

I would love to see a pic of the flower on that hibiscus too. The hibiscus that I have (not sure what kind) looks like it has different leaves than that one.

Melly-n-shorty

5 Year Member
Phoenix Arizona
Great pen you have there! I bet they really enjoy it! Ha ha at first I thought that hibiscus was a marijuana plant! I've been watching to much weeds!!

Albinoboidsetc

5 Year Member
NC
This one Boss Lady was actually telling me how funny it would be if we had some kid hop the fence to try to smoke it. All I could think of is one of the Mastiffs staring at the kid like he was an idiot.

Sheviper1

5 Year Member
I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought his plant looked like refer!!

Albinoboidsetc

5 Year Member
NC
Here is a close up of some of the leafs. See aint no mary joe wannas growing here lol it is kind of strange though how different the leads are on different sections

Oops here they are

image-3630992851.png

image-1385407736.png

Attachments

• image-1725469167.png
    image-1725469167.png
    229.8 KB · Views: 43
  • image-1259442070.png
    image-1259442070.png
    992.9 KB · Views: 35

Albinoboidsetc

5 Year Member
NC
I wish I had had my good camera to get a better pic of him but iphone had to do.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
I have some African Hibiscus with leaves kinda like that. It grows multiple shapes of leaves all on the same plant.

Albinoboidsetc

5 Year Member
NC
Well good deal, at least I'm not the only person with a freak plant lol

Albinoboidsetc

5 Year Member
NC
Now that it's blooming, here are the pictures. See it's not a pot plant lol.

Although I did think that this was the white one, Oh well I have a ton of seeds I still need to plant of different color flowers.

DSCF6508.jpg

DSCF6509.jpg

DSCF6510.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.