Disappeared 1-17-20 Indian Star, C elegans

AnnV

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
SWFL
Has lived in his cinder block 25x15 20200129_085633.jpgenclosure with a larger redfoot female for 5.5 years. Never showed any desire to climb or dig. He came out, ate, followed his "girlfriend ' around, and either went back in his heated box or hid in a tangle of bushes growing in his enclosure.
I have owned him for around 7 years. I am, of course, very depressed about this loss.
I posted about this in general info before I realized there was a lost and found.
Location is Punta Gorda, FL

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
Sorry for your loss. Does there appear to be a way to escape? Is it possible someone took him?

AnnV

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
SWFL
Sorry for your loss. Does there appear to be a way to escape? Is it possible someone took him?
He has been in the same enclosure for years, with a 9 year old redfoot female. He has never shown any inclination to escape.
He loves his roommate and follows her like a puppy.
The pen is mostly surrounded by cinder block. With some dog fencing (ex pen panels)in one corner, with cinder block and logs along the outside to block line of sight.
Some thing, or someone could easily get into the pen. A raccoon would have a hard time getting him out, but probably not impossible.
I didnt look for him til after dark, to lock him in their heated house, but I was home by dark. My husband who is usually home (retired), was gone all afternoon while I was at work.
I dont know what to think.
My house sitter, came and helped me scour the area, but it's like looking for a needle in a haystack.
I have flyers every where with a $500. reward posted.
Checking Craigslist daily.

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
He has been in the same enclosure for years, with a 9 year old redfoot female. He has never shown any inclination to escape.
He loves his roommate and follows her like a puppy.
The pen is mostly surrounded by cinder block. With some dog fencing (ex pen panels)in one corner, with cinder block and logs along the outside to block line of sight.
Some thing, or someone could easily get into the pen. A raccoon would have a hard time getting him out, but probably not impossible.
I didnt look for him til after dark, to lock him in their heated house, but I was home by dark. My husband who is usually home (retired), was gone all afternoon while I was at work.
I dont know what to think.
My house sitter, came and helped me scour the area, but it's like looking for a needle in a haystack.
I have flyers every where with a $500. reward posted.
Checking Craigslist daily.
Well good luck!
@Bee62 crossed her fingers for Opo, and we found him.
I will cross my fingers for you.

AnnV

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
SWFL
Any news?
He is gone. I continue to have restless, sleepless nights over this. I am electrifying my tort pen. And a camera is now fixed upon it.
Regret is such a horrible punishment...?

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
He is gone. I continue to have restless, sleepless nights over this. I am electrifying my tort pen. And a camera is now fixed upon it.
Regret is such a horrible punishment...?
So sorry but you never know ??
A cam definitely made me sleep better at night.