DISGUSTING CRUELTY-- Mutilated Turtle ALIVE for sale at supermarket- GRAPHIC!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cameron

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Oklahoma
that's terrible. i have no issues with people using any animal for food, but that is torture. they should be killed quickly.

turtletania

5 Year Member
so incredibly evil.... (that's all i can say - tearing up at the cruelty of it)!

bikerchicspain

5 Year Member
spain
Oh my god, That poor turt must have been in so much pain.. I would of bought it just to have it put out of its missery.

Here in spain in Badajoz there is a guy that calls himself the puppy killer.
The Guardia are looking for him. He is torturing and killing a dog every day until there is no dog poo on the pavements.
He has now got a price on his head.

Warning this video is not for the faint hearted, It has graffic footage,
Please if you are under 18 yrs do NOT watch..
The video here is the same video that was on national news.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y7CN3rDbCBI&feature=related

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
CT
I was avoiding watching this because I knew it was not going to be good. But I never ever imagined it would be that bad! That is up there with the saddest most horrible things I have ever seen in my life! Comparible to hearing calves screaming for their mothers while trapped in tiny boxes on a veal farm in Massachusetts. Unbelievable!

Tortuga_terrestre

10 Year Member!
Southern California
I tried posting a similiar thread, but it was blocked. Yes, it is very graphic..but it is another culture's food. We eat burgers and hotdogs and they consist of animals parts. I personally wouldnt eat a tortoise/turtle, but lets be respectful.

APBT_Fanatic

5 Year Member
Southern California
Tortuga_terrestre said:
I tried posting a similiar thread, but it was blocked. Yes, it is very graphic..but it is another culture's food. We eat burgers and hotdogs and they consist of animals parts. I personally wouldnt eat a tortoise/turtle, but lets be respectful.

While I am a vegetarian of almost 5 years, I understand that other people enjoy eating animals; however, that is NOT the case here, nor is it a case of "different cultures". It is a case of animal cruelty, and allowing that poor turtle to suffer before finally being killed.

While I, honestly, don't agree with eating animals, I am not as much disgusted of the fact they eat turtle (if that is obviously their culture), but do NOT allow the animal to suffer in pain before you finally decide to kill it.

That might be how they do things in their country, but we have animal cruelty laws in this county, that SHOULD be working to help prevent things like this. It is not allowed here.

I will not go into the horrors of animal slaughter, and how much pain and suffering pigs, cows, chickens, etc., go through to be killed for human comsumption, but if you want to know.. send me a PM and I will be happy to share and send you a severely eye-opening video.

Terry Allan Hall

5 Year Member
The Republic O' Tejas
Big difference between respectfully ending an animals life for food and mutilating an animal...that's just disturbing, any way you look at it!

Status
Not open for further replies.