Disneyland tips

Status
Not open for further replies.

Momof4

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
San Diego
We are taking our 6 yr old daughter to Disneyland for her birthday! Are there any inside tips i need to know about? or some we should look into. We usually do the basic things but I know there has to be more like finding all the mickey heads at the rides or walking around. Or maybe a real good restaurant!

cherylim

5 Year Member
Leyland, UK
Momof4 said:
We are taking our 6 yr old daughter to Disneyland for her birthday! Are there any inside tips i need to know about? or some we should look into. We usually do the basic things but I know there has to be more like finding all the mickey heads at the rides or walking around. Or maybe a real good restaurant!

I am the biggest Disney fan ever, I'll admit! I've been to Disneyland Paris, and to Disney World in Florida many times.

I've just looked over Disneyland, CA to see if it's essentially the same, and it looks to be so.

Will you be character dining? I'd really recommend booking that in if you get the chance. I actually did that as an adult, and it was a magical experience for me just seeing the children at other tables so happy when the characters came over to visit them. I got involved and hugged and chatted to all the characters, and I think the kids liked seeing an adult interact with them as well.

I've got the Disneyland Adventures game for Kinect, and I adore it. All the parks are obviously very similar, and the game recreates them perfectly so I was able to start on the game and walk to a specific attraction, with my fiance looking confused about how I knew where it was when he'd only just bought me the game! Looking very closely at it now that I've been on the Disneyland CA site, I realise that's the park it's replicated perfectly - the same food places and everything.

You've got me rambling now. :p I'm desperate to go back. I never grew out of loving Disney and the magic of the parks, it just changed as I got older.

Also: I really recommend getting your daughter a Vinylmation toy if they have them in the CA park. You buy one from an unmarked packet, so you can't see exactly which you're getting (just enough to pick a 'group'), and if she wants she can then call in to any shop selling them and ask to trade them with someone behind the counter, who'll have more for her to pick from. Adds something extra to the holiday, and some are worth quite a bit on eBay if you want to join in too!

Neal

10 Year Member!
Arizona
My fav. is the Blue Bayou restaurant inside The Pirates of the Caribbean. You'll have to go there first thing when the park opens to reserve a table....maybe you can call ahead now adays. It's been awhile. Decent food with cool ambiance.

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
The pirates now chase the women for the food.

Momof4

10 Year Member!
San Diego
cherylim said:
Momof4 said:

I am the biggest Disney fan ever, I'll admit! I've been to Disneyland Paris, and to Disney World in Florida many times.

I've just looked over Disneyland, CA to see if it's essentially the same, and it looks to be so.

Will you be character dining? I'd really recommend booking that in if you get the chance. I actually did that as an adult, and it was a magical experience for me just seeing the children at other tables so happy when the characters came over to visit them. I got involved and hugged and chatted to all the characters, and I think the kids liked seeing an adult interact with them as well.

I've got the Disneyland Adventures game for Kinect, and I adore it. All the parks are obviously very similar, and the game recreates them perfectly so I was able to start on the game and walk to a specific attraction, with my fiance looking confused about how I knew where it was when he'd only just bought me the game! Looking very closely at it now that I've been on the Disneyland CA site, I realise that's the park it's replicated perfectly - the same food places and everything.

You've got me rambling now. :p I'm desperate to go back. I never grew out of loving Disney and the magic of the parks, it just changed as I got older.

Also: I really recommend getting your daughter a Vinylmation toy if they have them in the CA park. You buy one from an unmarked packet, so you can't see exactly which you're getting (just enough to pick a 'group'), and if she wants she can then call in to any shop selling them and ask to trade them with someone behind the counter, who'll have more for her to pick from. Adds something extra to the holiday, and some are worth quite a bit on eBay if you want to join in too!

Thanks Cheryl. The Vinylmation. I will look into it. They do the same at LegoLand. If you don't like what you get you can exchange it for one an employee is wearing on their name tag. My son loved it. The Character breakfast was awesome. Disneyland Adventures is very fun.

jaizei said:
Terry Allan Hall said:
Best tip I can offer: Go to Six Flags Over Texas! :p

Probably not the info you were looking for, was it? :rolleyes:

[video=youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LU2yt6wOoK0[/video]

:D

That was funny.

I need to try the Blue Bayou. I have always wanted to.

cmosuna

5 Year Member
Stanton, CA
Momof4 said:

Best tip right now, go middle of the week. Wife and I just went last Thur and waited maybe 10 mins max per ride. Went the week before and took the kids, left because the park was packed shoulder to shoulder. We live like 5 mins from Disneyland bring her by to see our turtle rescue lol

Angi

5 Year Member
La Mesa, CA.
I have heard that Tue, Wed or Thur. are the best times. Fall and Spring are nice. I prefer Knotts Berry Farm. I hate crowds so I don't go near theme parks in the summer.

Momof4

10 Year Member!
San Diego
Disney was sooo much fun! We sctually met another family and spent parts of the day with them, we loved Indiana Jones. Coolest ride ever!! We usedthe disneyland line App to find the shortest lines. It worked great. We ended at a hotel so we could go a second day. We were more tired than the kids who are 6 & 8.
They were ate a great age to try new rides like splash mtn. I had to the photo because i was freaked out. Small world and maddahorn were closed. Fun times,

Status
Not open for further replies.