Diy tortise box build

Knap_123

Doing great! I think she's getting cabin fever. Ready for some spring time sun. Haha I got her a friend across the room from her box. A sugar glider we named Dun Dee. I like to think at night they tell each other how well they got it. Haha

Pearly

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Central Texas, Austin area
Jessie is getting bigger. I can't beleave how fast she's growing! And now its hot and humid she goes out daily. And back I'm in later.
Enjoying a little watermelon and weeds.View attachment 207955 View attachment 207956
She is gorgeous!!!! Excuse my ignorance, I'm not that familiar with this species, do they eat watermelon? Mine absolutely love it. Mine are the Redfooted

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Suburban-life in Salem, Oregon
Excuse my ignorance, I'm not that familiar with this species, do they eat watermelon? Mine absolutely love it. Mine are the Redfooted
Gorgeous indeed! With my sulcatas and now young leopard tortoise I never feed any fruits or other, "sweets". I follow the rule that they are a shrub/grassland tortoise and that's what the eat.

Knap_123

Thank you guys. I don't feed fruits regularly. This was the first time she's ever had watermelon at all. Lol she's a grass eater mostly. I give her a strawberry top once in awhile.

Yo Adrien

Clearwater, FL
Will this be enough peat moss bedding? Close to $12 at home depot. View attachment 183556 fixing to go buy some paint for tomorrow.

@Knap-Amazing! Seeing the finished product from the beginning pics of scrap materials.. (My late father was very handy and creative with building from misc. finds, also. :<3:)
I KNEW you were from the South with the "fixin' to"..!! LOL :D I love it!! My mother's family is from Birmingham!! Also, Is your larger dog a BMC (black mouth cur), looks just like my girl!
And finally, as this thread is a little older, how is Jessie?! And.. do you have a single brother?! LOL :p