DNA test on my dog. Try and guess what he’s mixed with, I will post results when they come in.

Len B

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Southern Md - Northern Neck Va
I will go with Lab and one of the retrievers. I had a mixed Lab that lived 20 years hope yours lives that long no matter what the results are. Beautiful pup.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Years ago some friends all sent in DNA to one of those. All of them came back with part chow in them. Even the pure breeds. I haven't wanted to do it since then, but maybe they've improved. I'm looking forward to your results. Lab is obvious, but I can't make out what else it might be.

KarenSoCal

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Low desert 50 mi SE of Palm Springs CA
Lab of course. But I think there may be some bassett hound in there...look at those ears!

And his nose is just a bit long for lab...so if not bassett, some other scent hound. Bloodhound?

jsheffield

5 Year Member
Westmoreland, NH
Our Dog Olive came to live with us through a rescue in Texas a few years ago... we could tell she was mostly lab, but had no idea what else...

IMG_7687 (2).jpg

She's a wonder, and we love her, but...

IMG_2189 (1).jpg

Sometimes she's a little Chewy.

After living with her for a while, we thought we'd get her DNA analysis done, and the results certainly surprised us:

OliveDNAtestingresult.jpg

We don't love her any more or less because of the results, so in hindsight, I'm not sure it was the best way to spend $27,348, but at least we know.

Jamie

Toddrickfl1

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Ga
Lab and some kind of hound dog.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Years ago some friends all sent in DNA to one of those. All of them came back with part chow in them. Even the pure breeds. I haven't wanted to do it since then, but maybe they've improved. I'm looking forward to your results. Lab is obvious, but I can't make out what else it might be.
I don't believe they are accurate at all. I have seen mixed that listed the DNA results. When a dog has pitbull in it, it screams pitbull. A lot of the breeds had pitbull in it. But the DNA never listed it.
I have seen listing a mix having Great Pyrenee. Great Pyrenees is not a breed you see much at all let alone running around impregnating a bunch of dogs.
I'm pretty good at calling the breeds that make up a mix. I will trust my own knowledge, I'm probably more accurate then the DNA test.