Do babys nap alot?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bogart20

5 Year Member
I just got a baby Indian star tort and I give him a disk everyday around noon. And then whenu put him in his box he adventures for maybe 20 minutes then stays in his hide taking a nap most rest of the day. Then comes out an hr before his light goes off then he hangs for a bit then goes back to sleep all night

sibi

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Florida, USA
If it's a newborn, yes, it will sleep a lot. They'll become more active as the weeks go by.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
What are you feeding him, a disk? What is that and it doesn't sound like a very big varied diet. I don't know exactly what they should be eating, however, it should be a lot more then one thing. What is this disk? Please educate us that have not heard of it, please:D

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
I'll let him answer for himself, but I think he meant "dish," whatever that is.

wellington said:
What are you feeding him, a disk? What is that and it doesn't sound like a very big varied diet. I don't know exactly what they should be eating, however, it should be a lot more then one thing. What is this disk? Please educate us that have not heard of it, please:D

bogart20

5 Year Member
A soak* not a disc

Auto correction srry. He's only 3 or 4 months.
Uhhh I give him a mix of orchard grass, spring mix, wheat grass, dandelions (weeds and flowers), other weeds, half a baby carrot and a slice of zucchini. All cut up very small all in a sandwitch baggy. That's the mix I've been using for a week. I'm gonna change it soon. But I thought that was pretty good for a veriety

He's still only 1.7 inches and weighs 20.7 grams.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Oh, I hate when that happens. Got it, soak LOL. I thought I was going to hear about some kind of new food, darn:( oh, we'll a disc of food probably wouldn't have been any good anyway:D BTW, in case I didn't actually answer your question in my first post, yes babies sleep a lot.

bogart20

5 Year Member
GLad to hear this behavior is normal. I was worried something might be wrong lol
Maybe you can be the first person to make a tortoise disc? A balanced diet disc lol :cool:

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
That would be a money maker. Probably a first too, for torts that is. Probably would be expensive. Take all edible weeks, flowers, grass and cactus, blend together and bake or dehydrate into disc. Yum, yum. Now I need like a million acres or suppliers and many very large appliances, and so on. Sounds like a lot of work and money. How many you want to preorder? LOL:p:D

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Tom said:
Edible weeks? Is this a new product too?

LMAO, see, that darn auto correct. My iPad is really bad with that. I usually try to re-read my post before and right after posting. Must still have been sleepy:p:D

Status
Not open for further replies.