Do I Have A Male & Female?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PATMAN

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Pennsylvania
I recently adopted a pair of sulcata's. They are 3 years old and are 14 inches and 12 inches long.

Below is a picture of their plastrons. I am 100% sure the one on the left is male. He has an indented plastrons and big long tail.

I am certain the one on the right is female. She has a flat plastron and much smaller tail.

I would like to hear your opinions on their sex. Thank you.

Male on left, female on right.
MaleFemale.jpg

Male soaking and female chowing down. Unfortunate pyramiding.:(
BigTorts-1.jpg

egyptiandan

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
USA
Looks like a pair to me Patrick. :D

Danny

Laura

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Foothills above Sacramento CA
If you plan on breeding and selling babies, just keep in mind that very few people actually have the proper space for one.
Where will they all go when they get too big? Or will they even survive??

PATMAN

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Pennsylvania
If they ever do reproduce and there are hatchlings that I decide to sell, I would defiantly tell prospective buyers their requirements and how big they get. I'm sure like me, you see these hatchlings in pet stores and think people have no idea what they are getting themselves into when they buy these cute hatchlings which grow into giants.

aka2tal

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
I am going to have to say that I think they are both males. I just looked at my female "Macy" and she definitely has a different Plastron. Looks like two males to me. If you want a picture of the bottom side of my female, I will try and get a shot taken of it. What do others think?

Status
Not open for further replies.