Do Indian Star out grows its shyness?

labanog

Location (City and/or State)
ca
Hi just noticed my Indian Star seems very shy, they are still hatchling, maybe 7 month old, but seems to autohide when im near them, i read they are more shy then the Burmise variety, but curious to they become less shy as they grow older? im comparing them w my Redfoot and sulcata, that even when you lift them up, they dont hide in their shell, unlike my indian star. thank you

G-stars

5 Year Member
Southern California
Yes, they will lose their shyness as they get larger and are handled or used to people being around. All my male Sri Lankan stars especially run up to me, same as my burmeses stars.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Hi just noticed my Indian Star seems very shy, they are still hatchling, maybe 7 month old, but seems to autohide when im near them, i read they are more shy then the Burmise variety, but curious to they become less shy as they grow older? im comparing them w my Redfoot and sulcata, that even when you lift them up, they dont hide in their shell, unlike my indian star. thank you
Indian stars tend to remain shy. More so than the SriLankans and much more so than the Burmese stars. They are nothing like a RF or sulcata as far as personality goes.

gregcalverley0327

10 Year Member!
My young Indian star(about 15 months or so) is definitely shy still, he will sit back and watch me put food in and water and spray the enclosure down, the. As soon as the door shuts he comes out and eats and walks around. Still amazing tortoises to keep