Do you name your unsex tortoises?

Lifeoftorto

Location (City and/or State)
INA
Hi. I have 5 torts and they’re all of course still unsex :) i already have them for 3 months and still havent given them names because i think it would be weird if i named it a boys name and it turned out she is a girl. So I still keep them unnamed. How about you? :)

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Yes. So far I only had too change one name. It went from Lilly to Billy. Seeing they aren't like animals that can recognize their names it doesn't make it a big deal to change it.
I did have a Ricky that will need a girls name but I sold her so that's up to them now.

Tank & Scooter

Los Angeles
Wouldn't it be weird to not name it? Then it would just be like a thing, or an it lol. I named my two Tank and Scooter but.... im thinking of changing their name to Dirk and Diggler[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23] That would be the funniest s#!t1526508609325.jpg20180519_113354.jpg

TriciaStringer

5 Year Member
Louisiana
We have Sweetheart. He was named by his previous owner. She had three named Butch, Laura Logan, and Sweetheart. They all turned out to be males. We don’t mind his name. He is a sweetheart. I call him Sweetie, Sweets, Sweet Potato Pie, and Sweetheart. Our other tortoise was also named already and incubated to be a girl. Her name is Tibby. If she turns out to be a boy, we’ve already discussed calling her Mr. Tibbs, done in our best Sydney Poitier voice.

Lifeoftorto

INA
I have named all of my torts. They’re Stanley and Shelby (sulcata), Cheryl the cherry head, Flash the yellow foot, Clayton the leopard, and Hayden the P.Pardalis :)