Do you think they made it from Alcatraz?

jeff kushner

Location (City and/or State)
North of Annapolis
The escape from Alcatraz has always enchanted me just as the Treasure on Oak Island has, and for me, I learned about both about the same time when I was 7-8-9. Having educators in the family had some advantages. We had a library!

When I read the story as a child, I felt that they escaped. No reason, just did. I still feel that way 50+ yrs later.

So over the years since, I've been a sponge for information about the escape in '62. I've seen all the documentaries including the latest which revealed the Photo from Brazil.

Then a few years ago in '12, I took my daughter to San Fran for vacation. Unfortunately, I hadn't checked on tickets for the Rock @6mos waiting, and ended up paying a scalper for 2 tkts....don't even ask! LOL

It was surreal to be in the place that the story began that I knew so well...but I won't bore everyone for a change.........just a cool trip.

So anyway......I'm just curious.....do folks generally believe they made it, or think they croaked in the Bay?

Ink

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Virginia
Yes I believe they did escape. I watched a documentary on it too.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
I have seen many things about that place too. I personally don't believe they made it. I think they escaped for sure. I think if they had made it across, they would have been discovered by now, at least one of them.

jaizei

Unknown Member
10 Year Member!
Earth
What if Frank Morris and the Anglin brothers were like real life criminal 'Forest Gumps'

"My Dance With The Zodiac Killer" is a true story about three guys that stalked me all of my life. These three were serial killers. They were Frank Morris and the Anglin brothers. I know you thought they were "just" bank robbers. After you read my book you will know the truth and the four biggest unsolved, cold case mysteries in U.S. history will no longer be mysteries. "The Alcatraz Escape", "The Zodiac Killer", "D.B. Cooper" and The "Texarkana Phantom Moonlight Murderer."

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
What if Frank Morris and the Anglin brothers were like real life criminal 'Forest Gumps'

"My Dance With The Zodiac Killer" is a true story about three guys that stalked me all of my life. These three were serial killers. They were Frank Morris and the Anglin brothers. I know you thought they were "just" bank robbers. After you read my book you will know the truth and the four biggest unsolved, cold case mysteries in U.S. history will no longer be mysteries. "The Alcatraz Escape", "The Zodiac Killer", "D.B. Cooper" and The "Texarkana Phantom Moonlight Murderer."
Well, after reading this post I bought the book for my Kindle and started reading it. In my opinion it is very juvenile. I'm going to read the whole book, hoping after he gets past his teenage years it matures a bit. It's an interesting concept. I'd like to believe him, but the writing is so immature it's hard to take him seriously.

jaizei

Unknown Member
10 Year Member!
Earth
Well, after reading this post I bought the book for my Kindle and started reading it. In my opinion it is very juvenile. I'm going to read the whole book, hoping after he gets past his teenage years it matures a bit. It's an interesting concept. I'd like to believe him, but the writing is so immature it's hard to take him seriously.

Maybe I'm just lucky theres not an audiobook for it. I first saw about it from a podcast, so I have that queued up and will listen to it eventually.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Maybe I'm just lucky theres not an audiobook for it. I first saw about it from a podcast, so I have that queued up and will listen to it eventually.
According to the author he's made several youtube videos about this subject.

jeff kushner

North of Annapolis
Y brings up a good point...the Bay is cold and the inmates saw NO cold water showers on the Rock, it was all tempered water so they could not acclimate themselves with cold showers....the Warden thought this one up!

At least they had hot showers. LOL

Interesting responses......and its perfect since there can be no right or wrong....just opinions. ...thanks guys