Do your research!!!

Janet_1117

Location (City and/or State)
Santa Fe, Tx
I think it’s very sad that so many people “rescue”/adopt or however acquire these tortoises only to lead them to their demise! It should be quite obvious that these creatures do not live in some of the habitats they are kept in! I will not state specifics, as, the reason I’m writing this is because of not one but multiple threads being made about, basically, poor judgment or misleading guidelines from some inexperienced person. I am by no means an expert on anything really. Especially, tortoises! I have kept turtles most of my life...not tortoises. Totally different. But common sense tells you, or so it should, babies especially need to be kept to very specific temps/humidity. These are not like the box turtles you steal from the side of the road. I saw someone post a pic the other day(not on here) of the tortoises “first snow day” covered in snow. I mean these are creatures that are born to live forever! And some are doomed before their first birthday! Sorry, I love all my tortoise/turtles and it really gets to me seeing all these babies dying from preventable causes!
Rant over...

Reptilony

Location (City and/or State)
QC, CAN
I think a lot of neglected animals comes from parents who give animals to their children as gifts. Most of the time the parent do not care and it's a death sentence to the animal, and a slow one.