Document Recovery

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neal

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Arizona
Hello friends,

Does anyone know if it's possible to recover a document that has been deleted?

Recently I lost my spreadsheets that had all my tortoise's info on it. Growth charts, pictures, clutch dates, incubation time periods, etc....lot's of good info for people like us.

I'm not sure what happen, I'm the only one to use this computer, and sure as hell would never delete it even on accident. Let alone empty the Recycle Bin without checking what documents I'm erasing.

You could imagine what it would mean to me I'm sure.

jaizei

Unknown Member
10 Year Member!
Earth
I think a temp copy is made while you're editing, but they're usually deleted when the program closes. It's a long shot.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I'm using Windows XP, and if I put something into the recycle bin, all I have to do is double click on recycle bin then double click on whatever item I want to bring back. A window pops up and I click on restore.

Zouave

5 Year Member
Toronto
It depends on so many variables but more than likely you can recover the data. I've never used Glary but Recuva is from Piriform and i HIGHLY recommend Speccy and CCleaner. Defraggler is great for cleanin out those HDDs. Anywho they are free programs and you don't need to DL from RapidShare or MegaUp, get 'em from the source.

http://www.piriform.com/products

Fernando

10 Year Member!
Southern California
Zouave said:
It depends on so many variables but more than likely you can recover the data. I've never used Glary but Recuva is from Piriform and i HIGHLY recommend Speccy and CCleaner. Defraggler is great for cleanin out those HDDs. Anywho they are free programs and you don't need to DL from RapidShare or MegaUp, get 'em from the source.

http://www.piriform.com/products

I know this is a little OT Zouave, but in your signature, you've placed a link to the search option on TFO. I think that's a great idea, most newbies have no idea about the feature. I learned so much at the beginning of my research using that feature. Do you mind if I copy that idea? I would suggest we all place that in our signature area.

Status
Not open for further replies.