Does A Basking Light And UV Bar Have Much Of An Impact On The Electricity Bill?

MaNaAk

Location (City and/or State)
Southend
Has anyone noticed if the basking lamp and UV hearted had much effect on the electricity bill?

MaNaAk

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Back a few years when my one tort at the time had those items I did not notice an increase.
Now however with a few more tortoises that live in a heated with radiator portable heater and lights etc I see a big increase.

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
I dont think that's a one size fits all answer.
Here in south Florida, electricity is relatively inexpensive.
I run a full set of UVB and heat lamps with MISTKING systems over 3 Chameleons and I have 3 full time pump motors running 3 fish ponds outside. Plus two nighttime heated houses on timers.
I see only a very small difference with any of these in use or not. It's about the same as it was without any of it.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Has anyone noticed if the basking lamp and UV hearted had much effect on the electricity bill?

MaNaAk
This is going to be different for everyone. Depends on how many watts you are pulling daily, and what the rate is. I see a difference in my bill for sure because I'm running all kinds of heat in many enclosures and because rates here are very high.

MaNaAk

Southend
I think mine may have been higher mainly because I had to keep Daisy warm in my bedroom before I got the equipment for her enclosure but I would do anything for her.

MaNaAk