Does anyone else feel obsessed with their tortoises?

Status
Not open for further replies.

evlinLoutries

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Indonesia
Tom said:
Ummmm.... HELLOOOOOOO!

Where do you think you are? Haven't you been paying ANY attention here at all?!? :D

There was discussion of calling this site, "The Turtle and Tortoise addicts 'get your fix on' enablers anonymous, and encourage you to get more and more tortoises.com", but TFO was just much easier to type out... :)

Yeah, right.. Lol

I do obsessed with my torts, I even looked at them for a long time, and its make me happy!

pepsiandjac

10 Year Member!
Swansea UK
Mine seem to have taken over my life lol. I haven't had a night out since i bought them and won.t go anywhere for more than a couple of hours,my father died 3 weeks ago and on the day of the funeral i knew i'd be out all day as the club the wake was in is about 5 miles away,so before the funeral i transported tortoise table lights and everything and put them in the committee room,i think my father would have liked them being there because he was as daft about them as me lol :(

shellibelli72

5 Year Member
Missouri
Yeah, I bring my sully to work with me everyday. So thankful I have an employer that allows me to bring my human kids when sick, or tortie baby everyday, with me. I have an enclosure set up there too! Started when he kept flipping himself at home and I was so scared I would find him dead, so my boss says, bring him to work! Who am I to refuse that!

shelloise

5 Year Member
Manitoba Canada
I am better than I was at obsessing about my first girl, shelloise, I think I probably drove everyone crazy worrying constantly about her eating. I think because she is the first tort baby I have had. Lots of good advise, basically I had to quit checking on her and changing things around everyday....once I relaxed, so did she I think!
I really enjoy them and probably talk to much to my husband about them lol

schmodygirl

5 Year Member
mesa, az
Tom said:
Ummmm.... HELLOOOOOOO!

Where do you think you are? Haven't you been paying ANY attention here at all?!? :D

There was discussion of calling this site, "The Turtle and Tortoise addicts 'get your fix on' enablers anonymous, and encourage you to get more and more tortoises.com", but TFO was just much easier to type out... :)

OMG laughing so hard.... so true!

I am obsessed too!

JD9981

5 Year Member
Yes. I have only had my redfoot Houdini for a little over a month and already have a new box turtle hatchling, Digger (I didn't go looking for another but a "breeder" I spoke w last year contacted me when she found him wondering her enclosure as a lost straggler). I have my outdoor enclosures set up on my porch so I can see them from my living room. My kids love to peek in on them too. I deff have plans for more. My friends are teasingly calling me the crazy tortoise lady. :) I am good with that.

AZtortMom

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Sunny AZ
Totally obsessed here! I even have a pet sitter when my boyfriend flys up to see me!

Kathy Coles

5 Year Member
North Carolina
We are thinking about moving to another state. Not for a job, because it would be better for the tortoise. We currently live in Maine! Sad....

T Smart

5 Year Member
Chicago, IL
Ever since I got my tortoise I always want to go check on him. Even though he's fine I find it just so cool and interesting watching him walk around or eat his food.

kyle82tx

5 Year Member
dallas texas
yeah i constantly check on mine or im getting more stuff for theyre habitats or researching lol like on halloween i built a tortoise house resembling the amityville house while i was at work and the other day i made a lil house for my baby sulcata, and a coworker was like "you must really love your turtles" lol

lovelyrosepetal

5 Year Member
Oklahoma
I have to agree with Tom, I think we are all obsessed with tortoises:D I often wonder if all tortoise lovers are obsessed with tortoises or if it just takes a certain type of person to get obsessed with tortoises? Anyways, I think this is a great place to help us with our tortobsession.

bigred

10 Year Member!
Southern California
Guilty here I ordered another female radiated yesterday even though work has been slow and the holidays are coming, I was going to do a payment plan and the wife was ok with it. I cancled the order today, I have to try to keep myself in check

mira_kaylee

5 Year Member
Mid-Missouri
EKLC said:
srod said:
I've been toying with the idea of setting up a network camera so I could monitor my baby sully when I'm not at home.
This is normal right???? :D:tort::D

I had a webcam that I could access from work. I also had a USB thermometer that would text me if the temperature dropped below 78.

O.O you are a genius, I am buying one of these for my tortoise and gecko pens!

>.> I have a tortobsession, but i don't need help with it. I'm sustaining it fine all on my own LMFAO.

Tortus

5 Year Member
Maryland
lovelyrosepetal said:
I have to agree with Tom, I think we are all obsessed with tortoises:D I often wonder if all tortoise lovers are obsessed with tortoises or if it just takes a certain type of person to get obsessed with tortoises? Anyways, I think this is a great place to help us with our tortobsession.

Good question. I've always loved turtles and tortoises, but oddly enough this leopard is the first one I've ever owned. I've had plenty of lizards and a couple snakes.

There seems to be an innocence about tortoises. Plus they don't move fast or strike out like many reptiles which adds to the appeal.

laney

5 Year Member
Aberdeen, Scotland
Tom said:
Ummmm.... HELLOOOOOOO!

Hahaha like :)

I'm super obsessed. When people see me they ask how my torts are as they are all I ever talk about :) they just don't get it, and I don't get why they look so bored when I'm talking about them :s
Ahh we'll the torts are better conversation anyhoo :D

srod

5 Year Member
New Orleans
mira_kaylee said:
EKLC said:
srod said:
I've been toying with the idea of setting up a network camera so I could monitor my baby sully when I'm not at home.
This is normal right???? :D:tort::D

I had a webcam that I could access from work. I also had a USB thermometer that would text me if the temperature dropped below 78.

O.O you are a genius, I am buying one of these for my tortoise and gecko pens!

>.> I have a tortobsession, but i don't need help with it. I'm sustaining it fine all on my own LMFAO.

okay, i gave in. I set up an IP camera last night.
I've been very productive today at work *sarcasm* :D :D

Status
Not open for further replies.