Virginia
Shelly looks like a Sheldon. To me. Looks good @jsheffield could help you

Ink

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Virginia
I'm not an expert however his tail seems very long. I could be wrong. How long have you had him/her? @Yvonne G

jsheffield

5 Year Member
Westmoreland, NH
That tail looks long to me also... can you post a better lit pic, and more detailed, pic of the tail?

I think the shell indicates some rough mileage, but Shelly looks in good shape to me... I'd do daily soaks for a while, and if you're concerned, you could do a gentle toothbrush scrub of the shell with warm water, followed by a rubdown of the carapace and plastron with a bit of athlete's foot creme to cover all of your bases.

Jamie

Reactions: Ink

jharrris

Greenville
That tail looks long to me also... can you post a better lit pic, and more detailed, pic of the tail?

I think the shell indicates some rough mileage, but Shelly looks in good shape to me... I'd do daily soaks for a while, and if you're concerned, you could do a gentle toothbrush scrub of the shell with warm water, followed by a rubdown of the carapace and plastron with a bit of athlete's foot creme to cover all of your bases.

Jamie
Got it, thank you!

I'll take a picture of the tail in a little while, she's burrowed and looks comfy so I don't wanna bother her lol

jharrris

Greenville

Jamie
I forgot to take a picture of the tail again 🙃 but I finally just did!

Attachments

• IMG_20230205_165018.jpg
    IMG_20230205_165018.jpg
    442.7 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_20230205_165025.jpg
    IMG_20230205_165025.jpg
    355 KB · Views: 1

Ink

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club