Does your tortoise like kisses too?

Elohi

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Texas
Of course, the turtle (boxie) I had may have bit me if I put my face in his...an infection of some sort could occur then! Lol. He was/is a grump.

Elohi

5 Year Member
Texas
Yes but they have to be infected with it. Which tends to come from extremely unsanitary conditions.

Elohi

5 Year Member
Texas
They walk in there own poop and poop in there water, salmonella, you do just get from raw chicken it comes from animal poop

Salmonella is a naturally occurring bacteria in the intestine of animals, including humans. So unsanitary conditions+poor nutrition+weak immune systems and unbalanced gut flora can cause overgrowth of salmonella to the point of infection.
I was kind of kidding with the raw chicken/egg reference.
Anyways, while infection is possible, it's not highly likely. I have never once in my life had a salmonella infection but know plenty of people who have...caused from the contamination of food.
The chicken reference was because of it's higher infection instances/risk since factory farmed chickens and later hens are so incredibly unhealthy.

phebe121

:pthe have other truly stunning pictures, however unfortunately they are being saved for other projects.

View attachment 106025

I cant wait for the day i have room for one of these amazing torts in my head i have started to plan it out lol since we are going to build are own house sooner or latter i wojld love yo know everything possible about them[/QUOTE]

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
I can't speak for my tortoises, but I know I certainly do. :)