Does your tortoise like kisses too?

Krabby

Location (City and/or State)
MA
All the pictures are great :<3:. I don't kiss my torts, only because of what I have read-salmonella.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Nope! Definitely no kisses here. If my tortoises want kisses they have to get them from someone else.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
You non kissers don't know what your missing. When my leopard sticks his head out further after a kiss, it's a great feeling, like they know you love them and they love you back. I know, they don't have human feelings, etc, etc, but in my own little world they do:p. Besides, you can't tell me those pics of Gregs, that they don't love her and aren't enjoying it:D

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
I wonder if the tortoises thinks you are tasting them to see if they are yummy?

Prairie Mom

@ALDABRAMAN 's hug photos and all the sweet kissable torts warmed my heart so much! I can't even tell you!!! We want to kiss our Mavis so BADLY and I really think she'd go for it. She will rest her face cheek to cheek with even my silly kids. However, I have been adamantly refusing to allow my kids to kiss our beloved tortoise because two of my children have serious health conditions and we cannot take the risk. It absolutely KILLS us too, because we are all such kissers in my house and I really think my sweet tortoise would go for it.....<longful sigh>................

Elohi

5 Year Member
Texas
I wonder if the tortoises thinks you are tasting them to see if they are yummy?
It didn't take long for my leopards to figure out I wasn't going to eat them. Hahaha

Elohi

5 Year Member
Texas
@ALDABRAMAN 's hug photos and all the sweet kissable torts warmed my heart so much! I can't even tell you!!! We want to kiss our Mavis so BADLY and I really think she'd go for it. She will rest her face cheek to cheek with even my silly kids. However, I have been adamantly refusing to allow my kids to kiss our beloved tortoise because two of my children have serious health conditions and we cannot take the risk. It absolutely KILLS us too, because we are all such kissers in my house and I really think my sweet tortoise would go for it.....<longful sigh>................

Awwww this is such a bittersweet little post. Big hugs!!!

Elohi

5 Year Member
Texas
Here is a 15 second Instagram clip of Beans all up in my face. I love the "what?" look at the end. He is ways suspicious of my phone. LOL

ALDABRAMAN

KEEPER AT HEART
10 Year Member!
SW Forida

~ We don't make mouth contact either for obvious medicinal reasons!

~ Hugs and scratching are all the time around our crew!

00J0J_gXrPpPyP2H_600x450.jpg

Gillian M

5 Year Member
Jordan
All the pictures are great :<3:. I don't kiss my torts, only because of what I have read-salmonella.
I agree. I LOVE my tort but I keep in mind a saying: "Better be safe than sorry."

Gillian M

5 Year Member
Jordan
:p We have other truly stunning pictures, however unfortunately they are being saved for other projects.

View attachment 106025
Wonderful pics, and they must be wonderful moments too.GOD bless.

A bit of a silly question but please understand me: Doesn't any gesture/movement scare you? Am asking because we were taught that one has to be cautious when dealing with any animal/pet as one cannot predict what may come out of them. Sorry.. I don't mean to offend you or upset you.

ALDABRAMAN

KEEPER AT HEART
10 Year Member!
SW Forida
Doesn't any gesture/movement scare you?

~ Totally understand. True, caution should always be used when working with these giants, especially the males. They are heavy and enormously strong. We spend so much time with them that we are aware of what they do and take precautions with them at all times. Understanding behavior and specifics of these giants is beneficial when working with them. The key is to think ahead and never let yourself get into a compromising position. Our males all have very distinctive personalities, understanding each one allows us to interact accordingly.

00Q0Q_84Ch4zNb47s_600x450.jpg