Dog Changing Colour??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kymiie

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Nottinghamshire, UK
I have a Lhasa Apso Dog! She is a blonde colour! 3 weeks ago she kept scratching the top of her head and then it turned to a scab as she scratched it that much it cut her. Well now the scab has gone,but the skin where the scab was, the colour has changed to a chocolate brown colour and now the fur is growing back that colour..why is this??

She also has 2 on her cheeks, so going to watch then imcase they do the same. Took her vet with the scabs he said its not fleas shes illergic to somehing, but dont know what. But the colour change wasnt happening then so I couldnt ask!

Thanks xx

Angi

5 Year Member
La Mesa, CA.
My Rat Terrier chews on his arms until they bleed if he doesn't have his herbal foods. I have no idea about the color change. Hair is dead cells so maybe something is coming out of his body. Hmm...this is interesting. Keep me posted as to his progress. PM me if you want info on the herbal foods my dog and I both eat. It is a powder I sprinkle on his food. For me I mix it with tea or juice.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
It has something to do with the dermis layer of skin which holds the hair follicles, vessels, nerves and oil glands. When these are damaged the hair grows back a different color or if they are damaged enough the hair will never grow back. It happens on horses too. If they get a raw spot the hair usually grows back in white.

ChiKat

10 Year Member!
FL
What dog food do you feed her?

Wirewehear

10 Year Member!
So. Cal desert
It has something to do with the dermis layer of skin which holds the hair follicles, vessels, nerves and oil glands. When these are damaged the hair grows back a different color or if they are damaged enough the hair will never grow back. <<< yvonne
++++++++++++++++
Yep .... I'm late but was just going to say the same thing. One of my dogs, Mia, is black. Her nicks and scrapes grow back in white. It kinda bums me out tho because I have her coat nice and glossy. Every blemish shows up on her coat.

ALDABRAMAN

KEEPER AT HEART
10 Year Member!
SW Forida
I have that happen in dogs and rabbits several times, no idea why.

Status
Not open for further replies.