Dog Food

bozotony

Location (City and/or State)
Hialeah Florida
I tried feeding my red foot some low fat dog food for small senior dogs. He ate both kibbles (it was a test). Im thinking i can use this as his once a week protein source. I tried feeding him boiled eggs n worms and he denied both so thats why i went to dog food, also be cause i have a small dog. was this a good idea? if so, how many kibbles should i feed, like ten?

bozotony

Hialeah Florida
I tried feeding my red foot some low fat dog food for small senior dogs. He ate both kibbles (it was a test). Im thinking i can use this as his once a week protein source. I tried feeding him boiled eggs n worms and he denied both so thats why i went to dog food, also be cause i have a small dog. was this a good idea? if so, how many kibbles should i feed, like ten?
or should i feed it once every two weeks (this seems to be a pretty controversial topic)

TammyJ

5 Year Member
Jamaica
My redfoot loves good, expensive dry dog food and would eat it all the time if I let him, so I only give it to him about once a week along with other food. Wet it before feeding. They also like sardines.

Guts

Tennessee
My dads redfoot would attempt to get in the house purely to b line to the dog food.

Occasionally it’s fine, personally I’d try to vary the protein source and not just use one thing. Portion size depends on the size of the tortoise. Definitely soak it first so it’s nice and soft.

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
I give my Redfoot some of my dogs food once every week or two.
If it's kibble, wet it and make sure you don't see it getting stuck in his mouth or throat.
(I don't know the size of the kibble or your RF)

bozotony

Hialeah Florida
I give my Redfoot some of my dogs food once every week or two.
If it's kibble, wet it and make sure you don't see it getting stuck in his mouth or throat.
(I don't know the size of the kibble or your RF)
its 6 inches n the kibble is like 1cm